Chattanooga recruit?

walkenvol

Caught the end of the local radio show about a prospect in Chattanooga being recruited by UT. They said the HS is not in the TSSAA and is a church supported school but I didn't hear the name. The recruit is a post player who is from Africa and according to the show has been receiving a lot of attention of KY and Duke. Anybody familiar with this? Thanks.

Caught the end of the local radio show about a prospect in Chattanooga being recruited by UT. They said the HS is not in the TSSAA and is a church supported school but I didn't hear the name. The recruit is a post player who is from Africa and according to the show has been receiving a lot of attention of KY and Duke. Anybody familiar with this? Thanks.

Abduhakim Ado - Several references in the recruiting thread above.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder what type of competition he plays against? I know the non-TSSAA teams in Middle TN are usually really weak. It could be totally different in Chattanooga though.

Hopefully this is much Ado about something.

HHCA is actually over in Rossville, GA iirc. A friend's son played pg for them 3-4 years ago. They have a division, but play the government schools too. Saw him against Chatt Central one night. HH brings in a lot of foreign kids and some of them are D1 material.

I wonder what type of competition he plays against? I know the non-TSSAA teams in Middle TN are usually really weak. It could be totally different in Chattanooga though.

His school plays one of the tougher schedules in the country this year, playing in a lot of out of state tourneys and going to play some of the big time HS programs this year iirc

Hopefully this is much Ado about something.

HHCA is actually over in Rossville, GA iirc. A friend's son played pg for them 3-4 years ago. They have a division, but play the government schools too. Saw him against Chatt Central one night. HH brings in a lot of foreign kids and some of them are D1 material.
Hamilton Heights isn't in Georgia, although they do try to steal everything in Tennessee.... It's on Hickory Valley Road in the East Brainerd/Hamilton Place area

Hamilton Heights is an interesting case. I went to Tennessee Temple University, and there was involved in a program on the side called global prep where basketball players around the world would come to play, get scouted, and go to prep school (usually an online program). A couple of years ago they produced players that went to FSU, Tennessee St. and other D1 schools. The past few years, there has been a similar deal with the Hamilton Heights players. Players from Africa and Europe come to school and play for Hamilton Heights, but they stay in the Temple dorms. I used to see them in the gym playing all the time. Despite not being TSSAA, these kids can ball and play a difficult schedule. They play in tournaments against other schools who run the same kind of programs. It's kind of a network. Makes it easy for coaches to scout international talent. One thing to keep in mind about Ado is his being in state doesn't really give us that much of advantage other than geographical convenience for recruiting. These kids know next to nothing about TN, and their families are usually back overseas.any of them stay with a sponsor or host home in Georgia and play summer AAU ball there.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back