This news on Braxton Blackwell needs its own thread

GiveHimSixGoVols

From Indiana recruiting site regarding instate 5* Stud Braxton Blackwell:

"The Hoosiers have been in the lead but as we stated on twitter two nights ago that has changed from what we are told. Blackwell's high school teammate and best friend, Braxton Bonds was a Liberty signee but has since decided not to attend Liberty. Bonds will now walk on at Tennessee and it is expected that Blackwell will follow him to Rocky Top.

The good news is Blackwell can't sign until December of 2015 so there is time for a change to be made. If Indiana or Tennessee didn't get his services Vanderbilt will be in the mix. His high school coach, Drew Maddux was a star at Vanderbilt in the 90′s and as crazy as it sounds, don't be surprised to see him in the mix at Vanderbilt for an opening at Vanderbilt in the next year or two if Kevin Stallings is let go."

5* is 2016 so it'll be a while.

so he's going to be a jr. Tbh, if Stallings has 2 bad years, I can fully see them going after Drew and Drew having this kid as his first bigtime recruit. The question will be can this kid wait if so.

so when is the kid walking on and when is this 5* talent supposed to play?

Braxton Bonds is the PG and would walk on this year, he's better than your average PG, kid had some legit offers.

Braxton Blackwell is the 5* who's 2016, so as the article states earliest he could be locked up would be November 2015 in the early signing period.

Bonds can play a little from what I'm told.

He can, he's not your typical walk on, this is a guy who by his junior or senior year could definitely see minutes if need be. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up on scholarship honestly, guessing that was part of the deal actually.

He can, he's not your typical walk on, this is a guy who by his junior or senior year could definitely see minutes if need be. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up on scholarship honestly, guessing that was part of the deal actually.

A coworker goes down to State every year. He said a year ago that bonds was scholarship worthy as a point. I trust his opinion. Always nails it in his evaluation of in state kids.

A coworker goes down to State every year. He said a year ago that bonds was scholarship worthy as a point. I trust his opinion. Always nails it in his evaluation of in state kids.

Bit undersized which is a big reason he didn't have more offers, but he's about as good of a walk on as you could ask for. Maybe the PG version of Jajuan Smith

I saw him at the state tournament too. He was really good. Didn't strike me as having SEC level athleticism but he had good ball skills.

"I'm not ready to comment on the impact Bonds would have on Blackwell but think the Bonds to UT stuff sounds legit."

-Rob Lewis

Definitely seems Bonds is headed to UT, which I'm curious to hear about because he was signed with Liberty, so how did this come about? Not sure we ever know publicly.

As for Blackwell, I would definitely think it helps, but as others have said there's still a long way to go and a lot that can happen before he's set to sign.

VN Store

Back