ESPN gives McRae an A

snapcracklepop

Jordan McRae, Philadelphia 76ers | Grade: A
"He was almost perfect. McRae scored 25 points and didn’t miss a single shot all night until, ironically enough, he air-balled an open 3-pointer late. You hear a lot about length leading up to events like this, but McRae puts his crazy 7-foot wingspan to real use offensively on the wings, as his ability to get shots off in traffic and finish over the top of defenders bodes well for the next level." -- Foster

The part that impresses me the most is that Jordan was one of only two players, out of the 13 who were graded, to receive an A tonight. Pretty high praise from Mr. Foster. I really hope Jordan excels in the NBA.
Go Vols!

NBA Las Vegas Summer League: Day 7 grades - ESPN

Reactions: 14 people
Don't see anyway the 76ers can't offer him a contract. I know it's just the summer league, but they don't have many wing players on the roster, and especially wings that can put up numbers like him.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm totally shocked by how consistent he's been this week, even if he did have a night or two with low FG%.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 1 person
Jordy 7th and Stokes 2nd in a column called rookie ladder on NBA.com.. He writer ranks the top ten players in the two NBA summer leagues.

Reactions: 5 people
It's only summer league, but it seems like McRae and Stokes were prepared to compete at the next level. Awesome.

Yeah, there have been several summer league heroes over the years that have not made....Stokes and McRae both showed they deserve a shot and I hope they keep it up in training camp....really excited to have McRae on the sixers.

Jordy 7th and Stokes 2nd in a column called rookie ladder on NBA.com.. He writer ranks the top ten players in the two NBA summer leagues.

I think it updates after every day of games. Stokes has held steady at 2 this week.

I think Stokes can continue to be productive in the actual league, his rebounding will translate. I'm just worried McRae will have an even harder time slashing/driving to the lane against stronger competition, hope I'm wrong.

Wow. Very high praise for JMac! Stokes also received some rave reviews!

Sorry to pull away from the topic at hand, but I can't help but to think we could have gone further in the tournament. That Michigan loss still stings. It's hard to be let down by a sweet sixteen run, but I know that our talent was something special.

Hard to believe that in the midst of those two guys, JRich had the better performance in the tournament.

I think Stokes can continue to be productive in the actual league, his rebounding will translate. I'm just worried McRae will have an even harder time slashing/driving to the lane against stronger competition, hope I'm wrong.

I don't think he will be an All Star but I think he can be a double digit bench guy. Especially on a team like Philly. Maybe 11 or 12 a game.

Yeah but Stokes is a 6'6 PF and McRae has an ugly shot and can't dribble :crazy:
#Europebound

Not a rhetorical question, but what can JR Smith do that McRae can't?

Jr has done, against top competition and for years, not just the summer league, what McRae is now.

McRae isn't as crazy as JR smith, but his ceiling isn't as high either. Athletically it's probably a wash.

These two guys will prove exactly why fans were so frustrated last year. Too much talent to be mediocre, but when you're a coach with a mediocre mindset you get your feelings hurt when the fans point it out.

Reactions: 6 people
These two guys will prove exactly why fans were so frustrated last year. Too much talent to be mediocre, but when you're a coach with a mediocre mindset you get your feelings hurt when the fans point it out.

Quit with your logic.

VN Store

Back