Parrish article on Martin's exit

Jonboy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
"I honestly think me leaving is good for me and probably good for Tennessee," Martin concluded.

I believe this is true.

CBS and Parrish with yet another baseless accusation of racism against the Vol Nation. This accusation has been levied repeatedly in the national media. Never, afaik in the local media. Not one single shred of evidence has ever been presented that I've seen. And I personally have never heard one single slur against CCMs "race" from his hiring until his retiring. And I'm as white as a refrigerator!

Also, the national media is incapable or unwilling to report the real reason for fan disapproval and thus the petition. This article only touches on it but makes good points @ the Pearl Effect".

CCM was squandering an experienced and talented roster, recruiting in a very pedestrian way, and that following two "trips" to the NIT with losses to small programs, one of them our in state "little brother" in our own arena! It's very simple, but it's obviously not as marketable as the deceptive "sweet 16 overachiever fable" presented by CBS.

I'm truly happy for CCM because I really like his character. I'm also truly happy that he's in Cali instead of Knoxville, as a Vol BB fan.

Reactions: 47 people
"I honestly think me leaving is good for me and probably good for Tennessee," Martin concluded.

I believe this is true.

CBS and Parrish with yet another baseless accusation of racism against the Vol Nation. This accusation has been levied repeatedly in the national media. Never, afaik in the local media. Not one single shred of evidence has ever been presented that I've seen. And I personally have never heard one single slur against CCMs "race" from his hiring until his retiring. And I'm as white as a refrigerator!

Also, the national media is incapable or unwilling to report the real reason for fan disapproval and thus the petition. This article only touches on it but makes good points @ the Pearl Effect".

CCM was squandering an experienced and talented roster, recruiting in a very pedestrian way, and that following two "trips" to the NIT with losses to small programs, one of them our in state "little brother" in our own arena! It's very simple, but it's obviously not as marketable as the deceptive "sweet 16 overachiever fable" presented by CBS.

I'm truly happy for CCM because I really like his character. I'm also truly happy that he's in Cali instead of Knoxville, as a Vol BB fan.
I couldn't agree more!!

I believe this is true.

Good for Martin because he got another three year contract instead of getting fired after the next season. Good for Tennessee because we got Tyndall.

Martin seems like a good guy, but he was simply in over his head at UT

Reactions: 8 people
Going to be a lot of strong reactions to this one.

Tidbits I found particularly interesting...

- McRae and Stokes encouraged Martin to leave
- Parrish thinks race played a role
- Players took on an "us vs the fans" mentality
- Martin knew just a few months into the job that it wasn't the right place for him

http://www.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-...zo-martin-knew-it-was-time-to-go-when-he-left

Because it had nothing to do with the less than medioce results on the court right? I mean its not like he lost to austin peay or anythng.

Did Martin take less money that was offered to him at UT to go to Cal? If so he is really thin skinned.

I believe this is true.

Really good post.

Anybody that watched the program over the three years with an objective eye had to know he was under achieving on the court after the first season. But let's get real Parish. In 3 recruiting cycles he could not come up with one competent freshman PG. Not even one. How else could it end?

He did OK at UT. He will do OK at Cal. Win-win for everybody involved because now UT will actually compete at a higher level using a system that is much better than that old Keady, Purdue boring stuff. Parish - if it was about race he would not have been hired. This was not our first rodeo in that regard. The whole team was comprised of minorities. What does that say about racism - that Zo was racist? Of course not. But, where was that in your innuendo? He had two NBA players while being loaded with upper classmen and got lucky down the stretch to make a play-in game in his last season while knowing how bad the team would be the next season. He bolted for greener pastures to keep from getting fired. That's the storyline, doofus.

Reactions: 7 people

I believe this is true.

Well put. So tired of the race card being played here.

"white as a refrigerator" -- classic

I like CCM mainly because Im from Indiana and had watched him play at Purdue, having said that I get the feeling that its a comparison of CDD vs CBJ to CCM vs CDT

1st Because our current coaches really work the players hard thru the summer, lifting and just simply playing hard.

2nd I think CDT will work for a similar team with a player coached team, if you don't have this the players will not take the responsibility of coasting in a game...like we saw the 1st half of the season 2013...

3rd Hard nose play is what I like to see with a fired up coach, then if we lose it doesn't hurt as bad if you see effort.

I like CCM and I don't blame him for his departure. It wasn't a good fit at this time but I don't believe race had anything to do with it. I think the Pearl effect would have had an impact on whomever was hired at that time. I think the petition had an impact on his decision to leave--as it would on me.

Sometimes a coach just isn't a good match for a program...but if that coach is African-American?....:w00t:

Don't you just love spin? CCM leaving TN was a win-win for everyone. I love when the race card is used as a desperate attempt to cover up shortcomings!

Reactions: 3 people
Anyone that followed Pearl would have been considered an under achiever, had they not pulled an Elite 8 their first season.
The change is good for both schools.
Hoping Donnie is given the time by fans to get it done.
May help if he drubs Pearl's troops this season.

Say what you want but the stuff in the article is true. People even called his wife's job and said racist things. I know this for a fact.

VN Store

Back