Eric McKnight appeal denied

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
According to Rivals, his appeal has been denied and he will not be allowed to join Tennessee.

I think this was addressed in another thread but thought it was new thread worthy.

The SEC totally screwed us...

He was going to be heavily counted on. I think the staff and most on campus felt like the waiver was a done deal.
Transfer Eric McKnight has been denied a graduate transfer waiver from the SEC that he needed to be eligible this fall. McKnight had been granted the waiver through the NCAA, but because he's a graduate transfer who had some disciplinary issues at his previous school, he had to also get a waiver from the SEC.

This waiver was denied, as was an appeal to the SEC. As a result, McKnight will not be a part of the program season.
Per Rob

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder what the back-up plan is. What quality (I know, that word takes on different meaning this late in the cycle) post players are still available?

Reactions: 1 person
:banghead2:

You'd think the SEC would want us to do well since we're really the only SEC school making noise on the bball scene except for UK, and UF.

Reactions: 2 people
What were his disciplinary issues? Do we know? I can't recall.

he should've thrown a girl down the steps or texted her it was time to die, or fall asleep in an intersection and get a dui, then he'd be on the court without issue from the SEC.

Reactions: 5 people
It was going to be a tough season already, but now this news really hurts. Who is going to rebound? Pops, we are sorry, don't leave.

It was going to be a tough season already, but now this news really hurts. Who is going to rebound? Pops, we are sorry, don't leave.

He tore his ACL I believe so he couldn't help if he wanted to

VN Store

Back