McRae Scores 20 in 76ers Debut

Jonboy

Also started and played more minutes than anyone else on the team (32:39). Congrats to Jordy. Keep it up!

- 20 pts
- 4 of 15 shooting
- 2 of 6 from 3pt
- 10 of 12 from the line
- 3 reb
- 1 ast
- 2 steals
- 2 blocks
- 4 turnovers
- +4 with him on the floor

Sixers won, 74-70.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
Also started and played more minutes than anyone else on the team (32:39). Congrats to Jordy. Keep it up!

- 20 pts
- 4 of 15 shooting- 2 of 6 from 3pt
- 10 of 12 from the line
- 3 reb
- 1 ast
- 2 steals
- 2 blocks
- 4 turnovers

Sixers won, 74-70.

oof. otherwise, good performance

Not a good sign IMO

I think it actually is, in a way. He's a better shooter than that; I feel pretty comfortable in saying that 4/15 is probably an outlier. But the 10/12 from the line sticks out to me. I thought at UT he sometimes settled too often for jumpers or avoided contact in the paint. If he's willing to be aggressive and get to the line, that's a huge plus for him going forward.

Obviously could just be a statistical blip, but it's worth watching.

Reactions: 7 people
Didn't see the game. Could be he was having a hard time finishing at the rim. Hence, the 4 for 15. A lot of free throws indicate this. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Too early to be concerned with shooting % with Jordy. The rest of it looks great. They signed him to create offense and be disruptive on defense. Good start at doing that.

I watched the game except for the fourth quarter. As we know he is a streak shooter and he wasn't hitting.

He looked more athletic than nearly anyone out there and was matched up against Rodney Hood much of the time the first rounder from Duke.

He played under control for the most part and was impressive going to the rim. Obviously he will have to show the Sixers he is a better shooter than he looked last night but over all, I don't think he hurt himself.

Reactions: 2 people

- 20 pts
- 4 of 15 shooting
- 2 of 6 from 3pt
- 10 of 12 from the line
- 3 reb
- 1 ast
- 2 steals
- 2 blocks
- 4 turnovers

Sixers won, 74-70.

ouch...well it's nice to know he wasn't holding out on us last year. He scores, but will have to be more efficient to make it in the league. Happy for him though. Looks like he's being productive

ouch...well it's nice to know he wasn't holding out on us last year. He scores, but will have to be more efficient to make it in the league. Happy for him though. Looks like he's being productive

Scoring 20 points in 15 shots isn't bad. Have you ever watched Kobe play?

Didn't see the game. Could be he was having a hard time finishing at the rim. Hence, the 4 for 15. A lot of free throws indicate this. :hi:

This. Very likely. If you consider 12 shots, meaning 6 trips to the line, it could be he went 10 for 15 if not for contact.

Reactions: 3 people
This. Very likely. If you consider 12 shots, meaning 6 trips to the line, it could be he went 10 for 15 if not for contact.

Except I'm almost 100% sure they don't count missed shots due to fouls in the box score. They only count made baskets aka "And-1s"

Not a good sign IMO

i disagree....bad shooting night can be cause of anything such as nerves or anything else. The fact that he was very aggressive and one of the most relied on players is a very good sign. if he continues to shoot this way then it wont be good for him.

I think it actually is, in a way. He's a better shooter than that; I feel pretty comfortable in saying that 4/15 is probably an outlier. But the 10/12 from the line sticks out to me. I thought at UT he sometimes settled too often for jumpers or avoided contact in the paint. If he's willing to be aggressive and get to the line, that's a huge plus for him going forward.

Obviously could just be a statistical blip, but it's worth watching.

i disagree....bad shooting night can be cause of anything such as nerves or anything else. The fact that he was very aggressive and one of the most relied on players is a very good sign. if he continues to shoot this way then it wont be good for him.

I think he is just making fun of the thread with the same title as his post.

1st rounder Rodney hood shot 3/13 and 1/10 from 3 point...I say McRae had a great first game

Definitely a great first game. Just trying to clear up the misconception on shots and fouls! Haha

Certainly needs to be more efficient, but he would fit great in the NBA. I have always said that if I was guaranteed 25 shots a night, I could average at least double figures.

The nights that Iverson, Kobe, and Melo have had...

VN Store

Back