Scotty Hopson makes Cleveland Cavs summer roster

He signed a 10 day contract during the season with Cleveland. So, obviously someone in the organization likes his skill set.

Reactions: 1 person
He signed a 10 day contract during the season with Cleveland. So, obviously someone in the organization likes his skill set.
He was signed more than a 10 day. It was to finish out the season for something like 1.2 million

Reactions: 2 people
Yes - he was on Sports Animal recently and said he was signed for 2 years at $3.8 M I believe. Many believe he will be a trading chip and end up somewhere else.

Happy for the guy. He was always a good kid and got a lot of grief he didn't deserve. I remember a lot of posters talking about how he was nothing and didn't amount to anything. Well if he doesn't do a thing in the league after this how many people can say they made 3.8 million in their entire work history?

Reactions: 3 people
Happy for the guy. He was always a good kid and got a lot of grief he didn't deserve. I remember a lot of posters talking about how he was nothing and didn't amount to anything. Well if he doesn't do a thing in the league after this how many people can say they made 3.8 million in their entire work history?
Yep, you could do that if you made $84 grand a year for 45 years.

Yes - he was on Sports Animal recently and said he was signed for 2 years at $3.8 M I believe. Many believe he will be a trading chip and end up somewhere else.

I bet that is non-guaranteed.....hope he earns the two yrs.

Hopson is one of my favorites. Hope he stays on a roster.

Oh Scotty can still pull in a lot of green a 10 day contract here and there and play a few years over seas make 12 to 15 million before all said and done, I would take it in a heart beat and say FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF the ones that said he failed.

True this. Guy got/gets more grief from ignorant fans. He was cursed w the 5 star disease. Had he been a four star, the stupidity would have been much less seen IMO.

"Hopson gets a chance to prove his worth for the Cavs, and while chances are he won't do anything to prove he's anything more than a contract to move, he should still be an interesting prospect to watch. Hopson split last year between Efes (A former Blatt stomping ground) and Canton, and was a mixed bag in both spots. In Turkey, Hopson barely played in Turkish league action, but shined in Eurocup, where he led the team in scoring with 15.5 points per game and shot 48.4 percent from three. His production was lesser in his few games with Canton, but he still displayed solid shooting touch. He's demonstrated a lackadaisical effort on the defensive end, and isn't really much more than a scorer, and an inefficient one at that if his three-point shot isn't falling, which is what killed him at Tennessee. The big things to look for from Hopson are whether he can hit threes at a decent rate, and if he can lock in defensively, where he has some talent if he's paying attention."

Sounds like Scotty

Hopson's chance of making the team just went up with them shedding three players in today's trade.

Everyone just wants a chance; well here is his big moment. Would love for him to make the roster. Good luck!

Hopson could be on his way to Pelicans; to help make cap space for Bosh to sign with the Rockets.

And would most likely be waived

Last edited:
James just signed with the Cavs -- Hoppy will stay there - perfect contract for the Cavs cap

VN Store

Back