Lightweight Rebounding Machines

SeniorDrill

This is a quote from an article by Chris Dortch called "Vols May be Thin in the Post but they will Rebound."
“I don’t want to sound like I’ve invented the wheel,” Tyndall said. “In coaching, you get what you emphasize. And we emphasize rebounding. We use a toughness rebounding drill called 3 on 3 rebounding. It’s like a football deal for 25 minutes a day. It gets your mentality that blocking out [on the defensive boards] is huge and going to rebound it offensively is huge. It’s just getting what you emphasize.”
Chris Dortch » Vols may be thin in the post, but they will rebound

Reactions: 2 people
Me too. Really glad to have Donnie. UT landed on its feet with this hire it appears at this point.

Reactions: 2 people
Its going to be a great year in Tennessee basketball only losing two players as of now..is great to know.

Who is that?

Lol you missed those posts, oh man lol?!??

Well you know how SD is with the constant repetition of the same posts and points, during the coaching search he was posting that picture at least 5x a day and telling us how Rick Byrd was the best man for the job lol.

Reactions: 1 person
"he was posting that picture at least 5x a day" I really don't know why you find it necessary to lie like that. Could you prove your statement? I challenge you to find one time a day on consecutive days. You are really smarter than that. Is the forum so dead you have to throw nonsense into the equation?

If I was a recruit I would want to play for Tyndall and his staff. The energy and positivity have been a breath of fresh air. Cuonzo was a great guy, but Tyndall is the type of high energy "promoter" that we saw with Bruce. Bruce was a total salesman, he got us PUMPED UP for games and his teams always responded by thriving in high energy, sell out crowd environments. Cuonzo never found a way to fill the arena like Bruce did. I think CDT will bring the energy, excitement and attendance way up.

"So far, the three post players Tyndall has on campus have demonstrated rebounding ability. Jabari McGhee is a long, natural athlete with a nose for the ball. Willie Carmichael, also long at 6-8, but lean at less than 190 pounds, attacks the glass as though his life were tied to his rebound average. And finally, newcomer Tariq Owens, has shown in pick-up games that he’s a solid offensive rebounder and, at 6-10 with a massive wingspan, a rim protector."

"So far, the three post players Tyndall has on campus have demonstrated rebounding ability. Jabari McGhee is a long, natural athlete with a nose for the ball. Willie Carmichael, also long at 6-8, but lean at less than 190 pounds, attacks the glass as though his life were tied to his rebound average. And finally, newcomer Tariq Owens, has shown in pick-up games that he’s a solid offensive rebounder and, at 6-10 with a massive wingspan, a rim protector."

When McKnigt comes he will bring those abiliies as well.

This is a quote from an article by Chris Dortch called "Vols May be Thin in the Post but they will Rebound."
“I don’t want to sound like I’ve invented the wheel,” Tyndall said. “In coaching, you get what you emphasize. And we emphasize rebounding. We use a toughness rebounding drill called 3 on 3 rebounding. It’s like a football deal for 25 minutes a day. It gets your mentality that blocking out [on the defensive boards] is huge and going to rebound it offensively is huge. It’s just getting what you emphasize.”
Chris Dortch » Vols may be thin in the post, but they will rebound

That is sort of pretending you invented something when you really didn't. Am I supposed to believe other coaches haven't caught on to this...rebounding thing?

VN Store

Back