'15 NY C Jonathan Nwanko

He is considering Minnesota, Tennessee, Seton Hall, Rice, Temple and Fordham, his guardian Derrik Riullano told SNY.tv after it was reported by Matt Steinbrink of Rivals.

Six in Play for Nwankwo

While he will not remain in New York for his senior year, 2015 Victory Rock Prep (FL) power forward Jonathan Nwankwo slightly boosted his stock this summer. After taking a multitude of visits around the country during the month of June, he learned about various programs.

Now, the big man has it down to six schools moving forward. Minnesota, Temple, Rice, Seton Hall, Tennessee and Fordham are in the mix for his services. Nwankwo has yet to visit the Minnesota campus. They were the first high-major program to offer and currently stand in strong position. With that being said, it is unclear as of now who really stands out.

https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1665713

I would think/hope he's not all that high on our board, but I could be mistaken on that. Think a guy like Marshall is probably on the top of the board as far as bigs go.

@AdamZagoria: 6-9 2015 Jonathan Nwankho will take officials to Minnesota Sept 4 & Tennessee Oct. 24, his mentor tells @SNYtv. Was at Fordham today.

Mark another one off the list...

@TheRecruitScoop: 2015 Victory Rock Prep (FL) big man Jonathan Nwankwo announces he has committed to Minnesota while on his visit.

If we get in on him, it will be interesting to see if we go ahead and try to sign Dixson or if we squeeze out another transfer for help down low.

I don't think that we can take grad transfers for awhile due to the Chiles situation about his academics was below the standard set for grad transfers. I think BTO has went over it but long story short if a grad transfer does not meet the academic requirement the penalty for that is the school cannot take any grad transfers for 3 years.

I don't think that we can take grad transfers for awhile due to the Chiles situation about his academics was below the standard set for grad transfers. I think BTO has went over it but long story short if a grad transfer does not meet the academic requirement the penalty for that is the school cannot take any grad transfers for 3 years.

BO, Nwanko would be a freshman in the Fall.

I know. I was responding to the later part of the posts where it refers to the transfers. Sorry if my post was unclear about that part

No worries. My post was unclear. I meant if we took Dixson would we push one of our players to transfer out to try to sign Nwanko.

I don't think we need another average type big in this class. We already have two bigs coming in that are not skilled offensive guys and McGhee is not a polished scorer at this point.

Scholarships are valuable. I would think there would be more versatile and skilled players available next year.

I don't think we need another average type big in this class. We already have two bigs coming in that are not skilled offensive guys and McGhee is not a polished scorer at this point.

Scholarships are valuable. I would think there would be more versatile and skilled players available next year.

He's a 4* big man? I wouldn't consider him average.

Reactions: 2 people
He is a project. He is strong and can rebound according to things I have read and that is about it. If we had no bigs signed, you might go after him aggressively as he he is described as having big upside. " Big upside" is what we have already heard about the two bigs we signed. I am happy with them but somebody has to be able to score. This isn't the guy.

VN Store

Back