Jarnell Stokes will now be able to help recruit......

imbubbaspitcup

those 5 star basketball players from Memphis to the Vols. We all know how hard it is for UT to get those players away, but with Jarnell being born & raised in Memphis, a Vols star,& now a Grizzly, it will seem more appealing to those kids! Congrats to Jarnell & Jordan McRae for being drafted! Go Vols!

Reactions: 8 people
those 5 star basketball players from Memphis to the Vols. We all know how hard it is for UT to get those players away, but with Jarnell being born & raised in Memphis, a Vols star,& now a Grizzly, it will seem more appealing to those kids! Congrats to Jarnell & Jordan McRae for being drafted! Go Vols!

He might not. I think he was upset with the way Martin was treated. So....... He might recruit people away from UT

Reactions: 7 people
Never met a 5* who wanted to play 3 years at college and be a 2nd round pick! Not gonna help recruiting!

Never met a 5* who wanted to play 3 years at college and be a 2nd round pick! Not gonna help recruiting!

I haven't met a recent 5* that spent time at Memphis and got drafted either. Joe Jackson and Adonis Thomas come to mind. As long as Pastner is coaching Memphis, Memphis will be a place where careers go to die.

Reactions: 23 people
I haven't met a recent 5* that spent time at Memphis and got drafted either. Joe Jackson and Adonis Thomas come to mind. As long as Pastner is coaching Memphis, Memphis will be a place where careers go to die.

No, this: I haven't met a recent 5* that spent time at Memphis and got drafted either. Joe Jackson and Adonis Thomas come to mind. As long as Pastner is coaching Memphis, Memphis will be a place where careers go to die.

Reactions: 5 people
Best of luck to him.How do all these people know everything?Kills me how people that don't have a dam clue get on here and run their mouth!

Reactions: 2 people

This is kind of dumb. There are many 5 stars who were either not drafted or not successful. Josh Selby was the #1 player in his class, got drafted in the second round, and did nothing. It's about the opportunity, and the staying power. With the collective bargaining agreement, none of them get ridiculous money until the second contract. Have to earn it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He might not. I think he was upset with the way Martin was treated. So....... He might recruit people away from UT

I believe he has loyalty to his university. I believe he also had a brother at UT. I don't believe Jarnell to be that type of person, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: 4 people
This is kind of dumb. There are many 5 stars who were either not drafted or not successful. Josh Selby was the #1 player in his class, got drafted in the second round, and did nothing. It's about the opportunity, and the staying power. With the collective bargaining agreement, none of them get ridiculous money until the second contract. Have to earn it.

Should have been a little more clear. Stokes is a fine young man and will probably help UT when he can. But, by him stayin 3 yrs, and only being a 2nd rounder, might not help our chances with other 5*'s. Recruits might not want to go to UT if they believe UT (CCM & Advisors) jacked up his development and cost him millions! Most 5*'s want to go to schools know for progressing players and helping their draft status. Make sense now?

Last edited:
If anything, Martin will claim credit for Stokes (which, IMO, he has at least a solid right to) and Pearl will claim credit for McRae.

If anything, Martin will claim credit for Stokes (which, IMO, he has at least a solid right to) and Pearl will claim credit for McRae.

Why would Pearl claim credit for McRae, Jordan flat out said yesterday that he owes it to Martin because without him he wouldn't have made it this far.

Reactions: 2 people
Because he was recruited to play at UT by Pearl not Martin. As far as him giving Martin credit, he's just being loyal to his last coach who he felt was disrespected by many associated with UT. If you want to give Martin credit for something, you can give him credit for making a talented UT team look mediocre for most of the season.

Reactions: 5 people
Because he was recruited to play at UT by Pearl not Martin. As far as him giving Martin credit, he's just being loyal to his last coach who he felt was disrespected by many associated with UT. If you want to give Martin credit for something, you can give him credit for making a talented UT team look mediocre for most of the season.

So Peterson deserves the credit for Lofton and Watson, fair enough.

Reactions: 1 person

McRae might say that, but it doesn't mean it's true.

What? Do yall hate Martin that much? Pearl had nothing to do with McRae being good. I guess Buzz gets all the credit for Lofton and JuJuan if you think that. McRae averaged 1.8 under Pearl. If Hubbs balls over the next few years Martin doesn't get credit. CDT does.

Reactions: 3 people
What? Do yall hate Martin that much? Pearl had nothing to do with McRae being good. I guess Buzz gets all the credit for Lofton and JuJuan if you think that. McRae averaged 1.8 under Pearl. If Hubbs balls over the next few years Martin doesn't get credit. CDT does.

This. Props to Tyndall for retaining Hubbs IMO.

IMO McRae deserves credit for McRae and Stokes deserves credit for Stokes, but if you're giving a coach credit instead then yes, it is Martin for both players.

VN Store

Back