Jordan and Jarnell taken in the 2nd round

bigsteve13

THE BOSS
***update***

Jarnell traded to the hometown Griz!!

Grizzlies acquire draft rights to Jarnell Stokes | Memphis Grizzlies

Very good situation in my opinion. I was very bummed out when the Jazz took him. That's where NBA careers go to die.

Jordan traded to the 6ers :cray:

Philly is a pretty terrible organization that seems to always be at the bottom. I hope he makes the roster then gets out in a year like Tobias did with Milwuakee.

Sixers acquire guard Jordan McRae via deal with Spurs

Can't believe no one started a thread last night but then again, who would watch the 2nd round of the nba draft?

Jarnell to the Jazz (that blows)

Hopefully he can find a way to a different roster cause nothing good is going to come from that.

Jordan to the Spurs (that's awesome!!!)

Couldn't be happier for Jordan. Dude always put the work in and now he'll be coached by one of the greats, play around hall of famers, mad probably go on a championship run with them next year and get to see first hand how it's down.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jordan will have a better nba career. His game is what the league wants.

Couldn't be happier for our guys!!

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Congrates to both.

It's good imo, that Jordan got traded to the 6ers cause I agree with beast it would have been hard for him to make the Spurs roster.

But how cool is it Jarnell is going to be playing in Memphis? It was density man. density

Stokes will have a good shot on a always decent Grizz team...
McRae will go to a team that is desperate for depth and scoring...

Both have an 85% chance of making the roster. Stokes about a 90% and McRae about an 80% chance...:twocents:

Congrates to both.

It's good imo, that Jordan got traded to the 6ers cause I agree with beast it would have been hard for him to make the Spurs roster.

But how cool is it Jarnell is going to be playing in Memphis? It was density man. density

I think SA's motivation for that trade was to ship two fringe roster players for a Euro player that they can sit on for a year or two and not count towards the active roster. The trade effectively adds no one to the current SA roster, which would have been problematic for McRae and his chances at sticking. Good move for Jordy IMO. Much better chance at making the 6ers.

I think SA's motivation for that trade was to ship two fringe roster players for a Euro player that they can sit on for a year or two and not count towards the active roster. The trade effectively adds no one to the current SA roster, which would have been problematic for McRae and his chances at sticking. Good move for Jordy IMO. Much better chance at making the 6ers.
If they hit on him u will know they have amazing scouts bc that guy looks awful

It worked out well for him for sure. But ironically this is one of my biggest issues with the draft now. I see kids that have worked hard in college and deserve the recognition of being drafted(IMO) get left out because teams wanna pick a dude that is maybe 2 years away from being 2 years away(thank you for that one Mr. Franchilla) to keep money in their pocket.

I'll be interested to see if Toronto spends some of the money they saved from drafting Bruno.

It worked out well for him for sure. But ironically this is one of my biggest issues with the draft now. I see kids that have worked hard in college and deserve the recognition of being drafted(IMO) get left out because teams wanna pick a dude that is maybe 2 years away from being 2 years away(thank you for that one Mr. Franchilla) to keep money in their pocket.

I'll be interested to see if Toronto spends some of the money they saved from drafting Bruno.

Well it's like the Jazz picking up Dante Exam from Australlia who no one knows anything about over Julius Randall who proved to be a dominate player as a freshman. I don't agree with picking players on upside. Maybe offering scholarships on upside but not drafting. Julius Randall is definitely a better player right now that Exam. Why reward a player for not participating in college ball?

Well it's like the Jazz picking up Dante Exam from Australlia who no one knows anything about over Julius Randall who proved to be a dominate player as a freshman. I don't agree with picking players on upside. Maybe offering scholarships on upside but not drafting. Julius Randall is definitely a better player right now that Exam. Why reward a player for not participating in college ball?
Some of the best players never played college ball.

I hear ya. But at least Exum appears to be NBA ready. Some of these Euro guys I feel like are taken just to keep money in the owner pocket. Cause some of the teams success history doesn't indicate they are putting that money back into the team. jmo

I could be way off base but that's how it looks to casual NBA fan.

Some of the best players never played college ball.

It has nothing to do with going to college. I'm saying these Euro players are holding out of the spotlight and are getting drafted high based on upside and intrigue. Julius Randall would be a unanimous number one pick if he put together an and 1 mixtape and chilled in australlia for a few years. As I recall, Darko Milicic took the number two pick from Carmelo in 03...who the f is darko milicic? Also taken of D Wade and Chris Bosh...

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with going to college. I'm saying these Euro players are holding out of the spotlight and are getting drafted high based on upside and intrigue. Julius Randall would be a unanimous number one pick if he put together an and 1 mixtape and chilled in australlia for a few years. As I recall, Darko Milicic took the number two pick from Carmelo in 03...who the f is darko milicic? Also taken of D Wade and Chris Bosh...

Darko was a definite miss just like their have been several American misses but there has also been dirk nowitzki.... Manu ginobili tony Parker Boris diaw.....as well as several others. The good teams scouting goes well beyond and 1 mix tapes.

Last edited:

I agree that the Exum pick is purely an upside pick, but he comes without the injury and athleticism concerns of Randle, plus he is a year younger.

So, while Randle might be a better player right now, Exum offers more upside IMO, comes without the injury history, and has much better athleticism.

Prior to the one-and-done rule, players were routinely rewarded for not participating in college ball. That isn't a new concept historically.

Exum is going to be a hell of a player watch and see. Randle will be a bust. He out muscled everyone in college and won't be able to do the same in the nba. He has a lot to work on.

So in 03 you would have passed on Lebron because he didn't play college ball?

Exum is going to be a hell of a player watch and see. Randle will be a bust. He out muscled everyone in college and won't be able to do the same in the nba. He has a lot to work on.

So in 03 you would have passed on Lebron because he didn't play college ball?

Randle's going to be a bust? That's funny.

VN Store

Back