RTL Stats After 3 Games - Current Roster - Comments?

SeniorDrill

RTL Stats After 3 Games - Current Roster -Comments?
RTL after 3 games
Kevin Punter FG 32-62-51.6% 3PT 6-23-26.1% FT 24-27-88.9% TP 106 PPG 35.33
Detrick Mostella FG 23-41-56.1% 3PT 15-38-39.5% FT 8-11-72.7% TP 99 PPG 33
Josh Richardson FG 26-49-53.1% 3PT 10-27-37% FT 10-18-55.6% TP 92 PPG 30.67
Armani Moore FG 29-39-66.7% 3PT 9-19-47.4% FT 13-19-68.4% TP 92 PPG 30.67
Devon Baulkman FG 20-34-58.8% 3PT 13-33-39.4% FT 2-4-50% TP 81 PPG 27
Brandon Lopez FG 18-26-69.2% 3PT 8-23-34.8% FT 5-8-62.5% TP 65 PPG 21.67
Willie Carmichael FG 25-38-65.8% 3PT 0-0-% FT 11-15-73.3% TP 61 PPG 20.33
Galen Campbell FG 16-24-66.7 3PT 2-10-20% FT 0-2-0% TP 38 PPG 19
Derek Reese FG 7-12-58.3% 3PT 4-17-23.5% FT 12-12-100% TP 38 PPG 19
Jabari McGhee FG 20-34-58.8% 3PT 0-2-0% FT 5-14-35.7% TP 45 PPG 15

Last edited:
I guess, but most 3 point shots are uncontested.

Still have to make them, and given his form issues, there is some encouragement to be taken from his numbers there, even if it is RTL. Your point is legitimate though.

Some impressive FT shooting numbers by Reese and Punter, while's McGhee's been abysmal at the stripe so far.

You know what I really think? I think that anyone who cannot look at these statistics and make some kind of judgment on the player doesn't know squat about basketball. I am dead serious.

Reactions: 2 people
Lighten up guys. It's summer league - chemistry building time.

This. It's glorified pick up. I'm sure our guys are solid players but I'm not basing that opinion on stats from a league that is purely for entertainment. Not to mention CDT said himself that nothing they do in the league translates to what they will do in the SEC.

Let me put it this way. I was hoping to see comments on individual players. I was not trying to validate the legitimacy of the RTL as being equivalent to the SEC yet that's the side road taken.

Let me put it this way. I was hoping to see comments on individual players. I was not trying to validate the legitimacy of the RTL as being equivalent to the SEC yet that's the side road taken.

It's not a side road. It's the main point. The only stat of significance you posted is FT shooting. That's the one stat that has a great chance of translating to when they put on the orange jerseys.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not a side road. It's the main point. The only stat of significance you posted is FT shooting. That's the one stat that has a great chance of translating to when they put on the orange jerseys.
So you're saying the four players averaging over 30 are not likely to be among the scoring leaders of the team in regular season? You RTL is useless pundits have zero perception. At least you think free throws might be valid.

Only thing that really stands out is Moore is shooting the lights out.
Not according to BTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKrager View Post
Look for Armani Moore to have a blow up year. Heard he's been in the gym with Richardson/Reese working on his shot.
BTO response
If true it's not showing, his shooting has been pretty awful in RTL games.
See, the stats are worth something.

I could see Mostella, Punter, Hubbs, Richardson, Baulkman, and Chiles being a really great perimeter group. If we can get any inside help from McKnight and Owens I see us being a top five SEC team.

It isn't that these stats are worthless, but rather that you need to understand the value of them.

For example, if you can't score points and be aggressive with the ball when nobody is playing defense, then why should we expect you to be a scorer when people ARE playing defense? If you are a low efficiency player in RTL then why would you not be a low efficiency player in the NCAA?

So you're saying the four players averaging over 30 are not likely to be among the scoring leaders of the team in regular season? You RTL is useless pundits have zero perception. At least you think free throws might be valid.

No, I do not think that Mostella or Armani Moore will be in our top 4 scorers. CDT even said that Mostella is a million miles from being an effective player at this level and that he had no detail to his game. I don't think Armani will be in the top 4 because to me he is more of an energy guy that will average 7 points a game and fill up the stat sheet.

Shooting wide open 3s because of no defense is much different than making them in an actual college basketball game. Driving the lane and having no weak side defense or shot blocker to contest your drive is much different than having a 6'9 or 6'10 guy coming at you once you get by your defender. There is no comparison between RTL and high major basketball. Therefore, to me, there is no reason to take the stats seriously. Heck, even Coach said that he sees nothing out there that they do in practices or games. Take that for what you will but that's all I need to hear to know that the RTL doesn't matter and is just for show.

What did D' montre Edwards averaging 30+ mean for his career as a Vol?

Especially from 3.

Couple things...

When you're wide open your percentages tend to increase...

The high school line is closer than the 3 point line...

I would venture to guess if someone pulled last years RTL percentages they would realize there's not much translation

VN Store

Back