Tyndall comments on team leadership!

SeniorDrill

The question was asked, how have Armani and Josh done in a leadership role? "You know, Rob, those two guys along with Brandon Lopez have been fantastic. They're high energy guys. I love guys that walk into the practice floor with a smile in their face and they're excited to get better instead of some guys that walk in and they're like, ah, here we go again you know. And those two guys are spirited, they're great energy, and they always have a smile on their face, and try to encourage teammates, and Brandon too. I've got to give Brandon credit, he's right there with those guys. So I'm proud of those 3. Those guys have shown great leadership to this point!"

Reactions: 5 people
Changing the subject is the mantra when you look like a fool! Sorry but Tyndall really did say it. As you can see it was not a concoction created by me.

Oh I knew it was real. I did watch it. I watch all the interviews. you're just really fun to mess with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Really surprised you guys don't watch this stuff!

I watch as many of his interviews as possible. I listen but I also watch and one thing always sticks out to me. Coach looks really tired. Look at the "bags" under his eyes. That's not good at his age. I know he goes non stop but you still have to sleep. The body will not hold up running non stop. Love the guy though. I just hope he takes care of himself so he can be effective at UT for a long time.

Reactions: 2 people
I watch as many of his interviews as possible. I listen but I also watch and one thing always sticks out to me. Coach looks really tired. Look at the "bags" under his eyes. That's not good at his age. I know he goes non stop but you still have to sleep. The body will not hold up running non stop. Love the guy though. I just hope he takes care of himself so he can be effective at UT for a long time.
Can't imagine working as hard as he says. Of course, he is paid well for that to say the least, but you are certainly right. I'm sure he pushes his players to get enough rest. Needs to apply that to the coaches, too. They probably need less than the players but could put a little more rest in without hurting their program. The angle you have to sell is that it could make them more efficient.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't imagine working as hard as he says. Of course, he is paid well for that to say the least, but you are certainly right. I'm sure he pushes his players to get enough rest. Needs to apply that to the coaches, too. They probably need less than the players but could put a little more rest in without hurting their program. The angle you have to sell is that it could make them more efficient.

Doesn't the army use sleep deprivation as a way to build toughness in boot camp? Honest question.

Doesn't the army use sleep deprivation as a way to build toughness in boot camp? Honest question.
Not in basic training, at least not when I was doing it. I retired in 1996. Typical day was that I got up at 3:30 in order for wake up for the soldiers at 4:30. Remember the commercial that you get more done in the Army by 9:00 than most people do all day. Lights out was at 9:00 PM. So It entirely depended on the training for that particular day as to how long the work day was. The earliest days ended at 5:00. Of course we are talking days where you sleep in the barracks. Field training was an entirely different animal. Most of the various firing range activities required marching to and from to the closer ranges or trucking to those farther out. Some weekends would be off the farther you went into the training cycle and Sundays were off days most of the time.

PS You normally have 3 drill sergeants to a platoon. All of them are not required to be with the platoon at all times, however, I still consider it to be one of the toughest jobs in the Army. If you can imagine, standing on a rifle range and teaching individual soldiers to shoot in full sun and it 95 degrees for most of a full day, then you get the picture. So when Coach T says he is getting 4 hours of sleep, an Army drill sergeant probably gets more.

VN Store

Back