Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (Bball forum edition)

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
Thursday June 26th, 7:00 PM EST, ESPN

460x.jpg
940x.jpg

The draft is a week away, and UT will be looking to send two of its alumni to the NBA for the first time since Tobias Harris was the 19th selection by the Charlotte Bobcats in 2011: Jarnell Stokes and Jordan McRae.

CBSSports Projections
Stokes
#26 - Miami Heat (Matt Moore)
#30 - San Antonio Spurs (Gary Parrish)
#37 - Toronto Raptors (Zach Harper)
McRae
#50 - Phoenix Suns (Parrish)
#55 - Miami Heat (Moore)
Undrafted (Harper)

2014 NBA Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com Basketball

DraftExpress.com
Stokes
#26 - Miami Heat
McRae
#58 - San Antonio Spurs

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

Chad Ford 8.0
Stokes
#22 - Memphis Grizzlies
McRae
? (not an ESPN Insider)

Chad Ford NBA Mock Draft 2014: Notable Picks from ESPN Guru's 8th Mock | Bleacher Report

NBA.com
Stokes
#30 - San Antonio Spurs
McRae
Undrafted

Mock 4.0: Parker rises, Embiid falls after foot injury | NBA.com

(If anyone finds more mock drafts/projections, I will add to this OP).

GO VOLS!!

Last edited:
Thursday June 26th, 7:00 PM EST, ESPN

460x.jpg
940x.jpg

The draft is a week away, and UT will be looking to send two of its alumni to the NBA for the first time since Tobias Harris was the 19th selection by the Charlotte Bobcats in 2011: Jarnell Stokes and Jordan McRae.

CBSSports Projections
Stokes
#26 - Miami Heat (Matt Moore)
#30 - San Antonio Spurs (Gary Parrish)
#37 - Toronto Raptors (Zach Harper)
McRae
#50 - Phoenix Suns (Parrish)
#55 - Miami Heat (Moore)
Undrafted (Harper)

2014 NBA Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com Basketball

DraftExpress.com
Stokes
#26 - Miami Heat
McRae
#58 - San Antonio Spurs

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

(If anyone finds more mock drafts/projections, I will add to this OP).

GO VOLS!!

Please no!! Stokes to Miami is a nightmare!!!

Would be awesome if Stokes snuck into the 1st round, he will be much better landing on a quality team and getting time to progress than a $hitty team where he's forced to play immediately.

jmo

Chad Ford has had Stokes in and out of the 1st round. As of his current mock draft(version 8), he has him going at #22 to Memphis

Chad Ford has had Stokes in and out of the 1st round. As of his current mock draft(version 8), he has him going at #22 to Memphis

I noticed his version 8.0 was on BleacherReport, so I figured he had a newer one out by now, but I'll add the 8.0 regardless.

PS, I sincerely apologize for being a smartass. It's just so much fun to me for some reason.

Reactions: 1 person
I noticed his version 8.0 was on BleacherReport, so I figured he had a newer one out by now, but I'll add the 8.0 regardless.

PS, I sincerely apologize for being a smartass. It's just so much fun to me for some reason.

Version 8 is from the 17th.

It's all good.

How much weight has JS dropped? I thought I heard Hyams say like 20 lbs the other day.

I feel good that Jordan will get drafted. Only comparing him and Hopson because both were/are borderline to be drafted. But I have a feeling JM's length on defense and more consistent scoring will allow him to be a more permanent NBA fixture than Hop has so far.

I feel good that Jordan will get drafted. Only comparing him and Hopson because both were/are borderline to be drafted. But I have a feeling JM's length on defense and more consistent scoring will allow him to be a more permanent NBA fixture than Hop has so far.

I think I agree. I honestly still think Hopson will stay on a roster too, but I was wrong about that before...

Id love to see Memphis take Stokes at 22, If all the wing scorers they want are gone i can see it happening.

Dude can model his game after Z-Bo!

Reactions: 1 person
How could you drop 20 pounds at 6% body fat? That doesn't sound right.

Majority of weight loss would be muscle in that case. And body fat stores would likely drop in the unhealthy range. Neither conducive to helping Stokes toward his goal. He has room to drop some pounds if he wants to improve his mobility or something, but it would need to be a slow cut, and definitely couldn't occur in a month as mentioned.

VN Store

Back