Transfer Candidate Jon Octeus- Guard from Colorado State

31VFL

He would be eligible immediately. He is 6-foot-4.

averaged 13.4 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists last season.

According to both sources, Octeus is initially focusing on four programs — Tennessee, UCLA, Baylor and Cincinnati.

One source told govols247 that Octeus would "almost certainly" start as Tennessee's point guard this season if he chose the Vols.

Wes Rucker- 247

Wes went on to say he agreed with the source as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Multiple reports on twitter this afternoon that Tyndall is actively seeking out someone for the last scholarship between 6-8 possible candidates. I'm sure this guy is one of them.

Dudes got some bounce. Little unclear, but looks like he was probably more of a 2 guard at Colorado State. However his assist to turnover is pretty impressive, close to a 2:1 so he clearly knows how to take care of the ball.

Another long lanky athletic guy, at 6'4" 170lbs would have good size for the position for sure. Also appears to be a pretty good shooter, 35% from 3 and 75%+ from the line.

Reactions: 3 people
Dudes got some bounce. Little unclear, but looks like he was probably more of a 2 guard at Colorado State. However his assist to turnover is pretty impressive, close to a 2:1 so he clearly knows how to take care of the ball.

Another long lanky athletic guy, at 6'4" 170lbs would have good size for the position for sure. Also appears to be a pretty good shooter, 35% from 3 and 75%+ from the line.

I'm sold. Hope we can land this guy.

Versatile scorer he can slash pull up and play off the p&r can't tell much about his spot shooting though

So.............. to bring back up the conspiracy theory.....
Is this guy worth doing a Tonya Harding on Pop's knee?

Reactions: 3 people
Seems pretty clear Tyndall has told reporters that they're gonna be pushing for this kid, Rucker, Stange and Brown all reporting it around the time Tyndall met with the media, no coincidence IMO.

That's one thing I like about Tyndall for sure, he seems very open about things, and he's an open book to the media who relates it to the fans.

Already have a nickname for him.

Octeus "Prime"

Being a Volunteer is the right of all sentient beings.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey BTO What chance do we have with this guy? And would he play point guard for us?

I would say early on our chances are similar to the 5-6 other schools recruiting him, if he ends up taking a visit that percentage obviously increases.

I have not watched the kid play, but looking at the numbers, and going by what's being said, he would be the early favorite for starting PG next year.

I would say early on our chances are similar to the 5-6 other schools recruiting him, if he ends up taking a visit that percentage obviously increases.

I have not watched the kid play, but looking at the numbers, and going by what's being said, he would be the early favorite for starting PG next year.
Thanks.

VN Store

Back