D reese putting In work

That looks dangerous to me, wtf is wrong with the strength coach?

#WhatWouldNicodemusDo
Dangerous ? Maybe, effective heck yes! I done the same at my high school during the season it's really not as hard as it looks to hold them as long as you can curl more than you sit with

Dangerous ? Maybe, effective heck yes! I done the same at my high school during the season it's really not as hard as it looks to hold them as long as you can curl more than you sit with

So you can curl 245lbs?

I'm impressed.

I would think you could hold a hell of a lot more weight sitting like that than you could curl.

So you can curl 245lbs?

I'm impressed.

I would think you could hold a hell of a lot more weight sitting like that than you could curl.

Me personally no I curled/curle about 230 can bench 250 but my point is lets say Reese can bench 300 and curl 230 if he does the wall sits with about 180 he should be fine

Me personally no I curled/curle about 230 can bench 250 but my point is lets say Reese can bench 300 and curl 230 if he does the wall sits with about 180 he should be fine

Well Reese did the wall sits with 8 45lb played according to the picture posted, now I'm not genius, but where I'm from that equals 360lbs. If Derek Reese is curling 360lbs he should be in the worlds strongest man competition instead of playing basketball, because I'm near positive that's a world record.

And I'm calling major BS on you curling 230lbs, that would also put you into the Worlds Strongest Comp, I've never met anyone who curls what they bench.

Last edited:
Well Reese did the wall sits with 8 45lb played according to the picture posted, now I'm not genius, but where I'm from that equals 360lbs. If Derek Reese is curling 360lbs he should be in the worlds strongest man competition instead of playing basketball, because I'm near positive that's a world record.

And I'm calling major BS on you curling 230lbs, that would also put you into the Worlds Strongest Comp, I've never met anyone who curls what they bench.

Oh crap my bad I meant 130 lol I'm not Jarnell stokes haha,and I'm just giving a example that its not really dangerous if done the right way

Yeah just this does not appear to be the right way.....piling weights on top of weights
I showed the pics to my strength coach and he said that it is a fairly common exercise they do the same excerise in the nba and It is a great excerise not as dangerous as it looks

Reactions: 3 people
Ironic since u gave tons of opinions on Div 1 coach lol

and will continue to do so. Coaches make coaching errors every game/week and they are discussed on here, radio and tv, so it's not really ironic because it's not comparable.
And generally, I try to comment on things I am familiar with. I've never seen that workout before, but I'm also not going to be a dumbass and think that I know more about that workout than the strength coach and trainers.

and will continue to do so. Coaches make coaching errors every game/week and they are discussed on here, radio and tv, so it's not really ironic because it's not comparable.
And generally, I try to comment on things I am familiar with. I've never seen that workout before, but I'm also not going to be a dumbass and think that I know more about that workout than the strength coach and trainers.

i have seen that workout before and even do it in my profession but without nearly the amount of weight the UT players use....i have no problem with the exercise being performed but there is no way the exercise is being performed safely by looking at the pics.

Reactions: 2 people
i have seen that workout before and even do it in my profession but without nearly the amount of weight the UT players use....i have no problem with the exercise being performed but there is no way the exercise is being performed safely by looking at the pics.

I've seen guys bust faces, chest, backs, achilles, etc doing basic bench, squats or leg press. I don't see that exercise as being any less safe than loading 400lbs on your neck and squatting with your knees wrapped up so they don't burst.

VN Store

Back