Antoine Mason Not on UTs Radar?

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
ESPN reporting that the nations leading scorer last year is transferring to Auburn to play for Bruce Pearl. He led Niagra with 27 points and selected Auburn over Providence.

My question is: does UT have shooting guards with these kinds of numbers? If not, why weren't we chasing this kid?

Sometimes it isn't all about points scored. Sometimes it is about blending and schematic fit. Maybe Mason didn't fit CDT's profile. As aggressive as this staff was; I feel they would have made a run and come at least close to getting him had they wanted him.

Reactions: 5 people
ESPN reporting that the nations leading scorer last year is transferring to Auburn to play for Bruce Pearl. He led Niagra with 27 points and selected Auburn over Providence.

My question is: does UT have shooting guards with these kinds of numbers? If not, why weren't we chasing this kid?

Kid's a ballhog.

Reactions: 11 people

When you have Detrick Mostella, Robert Hubbs, Josh Richardson, Kevin Punter and Devon Baulkman all on your roster at the 2-3 it's hard to really sell a 5th year guy with 1 last season to come here and work his a$$ off for 15-20 minutes a night.

He will walk into auburn and was probably guaranteed a starting spot from Day 1. Next year squad will have it's faults, but the wing position won't be one of them.

Reactions: 10 people
Kid's a ballhog.

PERHAPS HE THINKS....
3pqxau.jpg

OR HE IS SCHOOLED IN KOBE-iSM 101...
ball-hog.jpg

stash-1-511f1c942a06c.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person
Already had Mostella and Punter. If we didn't land Punter we would have pushed. I believe he had interest in us.

Simple answer Bruce Pearl is not our coach, plus does a good player want to play for whats his name coach.

Reactions: 2 people
When you have Detrick Mostella, Robert Hubbs, Josh Richardson, Kevin Punter and Devon Baulkman all on your roster at the 2-3 it's hard to really sell a 5th year guy with 1 last season to come here and work his a$$ off for 15-20 minutes a night.

He will walk into auburn and was probably guaranteed a starting spot from Day 1. Next year squad will have it's faults, but the wing position won't be one of them.

Richardson makes sh!t happen. :rock:

We don't want an SG with his numbers. He scores like 25.6 ppg on essentially 23 shots per game (counting 2 FTs as 1 FGA). That is not impressive at all, especially in a mid-major conference.

We don't want an SG with his numbers. He scores like 25.6 ppg on essentially 23 shots per game (counting 2 FTs as 1 FGA). That is not impressive at all, especially in a mid-major conference.[/QUOTE

Are we saying that UT's (NCAAM) standards are so high that a player who shoots approximately 50% is chump change to us??

Reactions: 1 person
Glad he's not coming here. And it is a good choice not going after him very hard either. His dad was the biggest thug to ever play in the nba and besides. Cbp is prolly payin him a truckload of cash

We don't want an SG with his numbers. He scores like 25.6 ppg on essentially 23 shots per game (counting 2 FTs as 1 FGA). That is not impressive at all, especially in a mid-major conference.[/QUOTE

Are we saying that UT's (NCAAM) standards are so high that a player who shoots approximately 50% is chump change to us??

With the scorers we have there's no sense in getting another especially one who takes 23 shots a game that's almost unheard of in the college game

With the scorers we have there's no sense in getting another especially one who takes 23 shots a game that's almost unheard of in the college game

He averaged 18.5 last year and 15 for his career, still extremely high. The 23 is fga + every 2 fts counting as a fga.

Glad he's not coming here. And it is a good choice not going after him very hard either. His dad was the biggest thug to ever play in the nba and besides. Cbp is prolly payin him a truckload of cash

I didn't know Pearl had a history of paying players.

Did you watch the NBA for just a single year or something?? And please show me where Pearl has ever paid a player........ohhhh its because you're butthurt he went to Auburn so of course he pays players now....

VN Store

Back