Tyndall's analysis of first skills sessions

Nice! Enjoyed positivity. I'm going to be very interested to see what a Donnie Knoxville team looks like.

Let's don't forget the X-factor. The guy can coach! He blew the doors off at Southern Mississippi. He should have been in the NCAA those two years. But because of the college basketball political atmosphere, he had to settle for advancing to the third round of the NIT both years.

Good read. I'm so excited to see all of these newcomers. Also I didn't see anything about Pops leaving officially? But there was no mention of him so I guess it is official? He was shocked that Reese was more athletic than he thought, as we all are. He looked stiff the past two years. Hopefully he improves in this new system, I liked his rebounding last year. Also I'm guessing Mostella was there practicing? But still no news from the clearing house?

This must be what it feels like for UK fans to have to get acquainted with an entirely new team year after year, only with less McDonald's All-Americans.

:-/

Reactions: 3 people
With Richardson and Moore seeing big minutes and if this stuff about Carmichael holds true, this could be the hardest hustling UT team within memory.

I am not saying they will be very good, but golly gee they sure will lay it all out on the line.

No mention of Pops working out, seems pretty clear what's going on there.

Baulkman and Punter's names have been thrown around quite a bit early on as guys who have impressed, that's good news.

Really wish they would hurry up and clear McKnight, that one dragging out would hurt more than Mostella IMO.

This may be the most excited ive been for a Tennessee basketball team in forever can't wait till November !
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This may be the most excited ive been for a Tennessee basketball team in forever can't wait till November !
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm really excited because we really don't know what we have. Whether it's good or bad we won't know until the season gets going. Makes it very suspenseful.

Reactions: 1 person
Siap, but is Mostella not on campus? And if so, why is he not practicing?

Really wish they would hurry up and clear McKnight, that one dragging out would hurt more than Mostella IMO.

In the short-term, yes it would be more impactful losing McKnight. In the long-term though, Mostella is the better talent and most likely to have a meaningful career. If I had to choose between only getting one cleared, I'd sacrifice a one-year rental next year for a potential difference-maker for several seasons.

Reactions: 2 people
In the short-term, yes it would be more impactful losing McKnight. In the long-term though, Mostella is the better talent and most likely to have a meaningful career. If I had to choose between only getting one cleared, I'd sacrifice a one-year rental next year for a potential difference-maker for several seasons.

I might get bashed for this, but I'm not very optimistic Mostella will be here 4 years, even 3 would be somewhat surprising and that's if he gets cleared.

Just looking at his track record of high schools, prep schools and colleges the kid has trouble staying at one spot long enough to unpack.

On Kevin Punter

“Very Andrew Toney-ish, or Vinny Johnson,” Tyndall said. “He cocks his shot back behind his head a little bit, which isn’t ideal. But on the flip side of that, it allows him to get it over bigger guys. Just enough room to create some space.”

If punter is half as good as Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson then I am pumped. He was one of my favorite bad boy.

Reactions: 1 person
6'8"...182#???

Wow! I bet he has to run around in the shower to get wet!

I might get bashed for this, but I'm not very optimistic Mostella will be here 4 years, even 3 would be somewhat surprising and that's if he gets cleared.

Just looking at his track record of high schools, prep schools and colleges the kid has trouble staying at one spot long enough to unpack.

I won't bash you for that opinion. It's a legitimate concern, even if a little pessimistic. But, in a hypothetical situation, if the choice was having McKnight for one season, or having Mostella for four seasons (maybe even three), I'll take Mostella.

I won't bash you for that opinion. It's a legitimate concern, even if a little pessimistic. But, in a hypothetical situation, if the choice was having McKnight for one season, or having Mostella for four seasons (maybe even three), I'll take Mostella.

I agree if that's the guarantee I have, but I was simply looking at next season as there's no guarantee either will be here after that.

VN Store

Back