Recruiting/Roster Updates

jbuchanan

As we all know, there is a LOT of information on this board. So, can anyone provide some good updates of where we stand with our CURRENT roster (incoming players, guys transferring out, etc.) and any more recruits for this year?

So, what does our roster look like as it stands now? Are there anymore guys out there we have the potential to land for this year or is DT done loading his roster? I've learned a lot of this by reading through some posts but might have missed some things.

I just figure this could be a good resource for people who don't have time/don't want to dig through the whole board to get some good information.

And...go! :popcorn:

You mean kinda like this thread?

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/218690-current-roster-makeup.html#post10178823

Seems in every thread people are asking, well how many spots, but do we have room, what about so & so. Figured it would be helpful to have a current roster breakdown as of 5/27/2014 at 12:48pm YOU ARE ALLOWED 13 SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS ON YOUR ROSTER...

Current Scholarship Players:

Josh Richardson-SR 6'6" 196lbs
Ian Chiles- SR 6'1" 200lbs
Eric McKnight- SR 6'9" 210lbs
Pops Ndiaye-SR 6'10" 275lbs
Armani Moore-JR 6'5" 215lbs
Kevin Punter-JR 6'4" 170lbs
Devon Baulkman- JR 6'5" 200lbs
Derek Reese-JR 6'8" 220lbs
Robert Hubbs-SO 6'6" 206lbs
Detrick Mostella- FR 6'3" 170lbs
Jabari McGhee-FR 6'8" 225lbs
Willie Carmichael- FR 6'7" 195lbs
Tariq Owens- FR 6'10" 205lbs

Remaining Targets:

Antoine Mason- SR 6'3" 210lbs

Reactions: 6 people
I checked out the updated roster on UTSports .com and this is what I found, some updated and some not so fast....wondering...why

Attachments

• UT BB Roster.png
    UT BB Roster.png
    33 KB · Views: 64
I checked out the updated roster on UTSports .com and this is what I found, some updated and some not so fast....wondering...why

Mostella, Owens, Carmichael, and Chiles, and whoever else I may be forgetting aren't listed yet.

I heard Willie has a good head on him and we don't have to worry about him getting into trouble

Reactions: 1 person
Also if Willie wants minutes next year we need him to penetrate zones hard. He can't go in soft or he'll get rejected every time and his confidence will be shot. I'm sure Tyndall will be hard on Willie though since he has so much potential and length.

Willie has a motor like Cofer's but with only 4 years of ball skill set will be a bit behind.
Great upside because of his work ethic and attitude.

Nah, he don't joke he's a real straight shooter. Lol.

There you go again. lol

Nah I agree he will be a nice player. I think he will take a blue collar, do whatever approach to the game similar to JRich.

There you go again. lol

Nah I agree he will be a nice player. I think he will take a blue collar, do whatever approach to the game similar to JRich.
Yeah me too CDT said his motor reminded him of Faried. I know he won't be as athletic as Faried, but I see a taller Armani Moore in him.

Also if Willie wants minutes next year we need him to penetrate zones hard. He can't go in soft or he'll get rejected every time and his confidence will be shot. I'm sure Tyndall will be hard on Willie though since he has so much potential and length.

Michael Scott would have a field day with this paragraph. Lol

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred 2m
2014-15 #Vols hoops team will start summer workouts on Monday, Tyndall said. Pushed back from Sunday to give more time for signees to arrive

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred 4m
Chiles is expected to join #Vols for 1st summer session, according to Tyndall. McKnight still pending - awaiting SEC grad transfer waiver.

Put most of them on a seafood diet. If they see some food, eat it. Anemic roster. I like my 6'10 guys to at least break the Mendoza line. 6'5 and below 200, ok, we can work with it even though that's pretty pathetic as well. 6'10 and below 200? You can literally run around in the shower and not get wet. Are we talkin to many salads and not enough amino acids here? What?

Put most of them on a seafood diet. If they see some food, eat it. Anemic roster. I like my 6'10 guys to at least break the Mendoza line. 6'5 and below 200, ok, we can work with it even though that's pretty pathetic as well. 6'10 and below 200? You can literally run around in the shower and not get wet. Are we talkin to many salads and not enough amino acids here? What?

Dude is skinny, but it's gonna be ok.

VN Store

Back