Memorial Day and Rocky Top Basketball

SeniorDrill

On this day as we honor those who have "Given Their All" to allow us to even be able to sit and watch a Tennessee basketball game, please take a moment and think about that. About a month ago a new poster basically asked a question about what the Rocky Top League was all about. Someone, don't remember who, responded that they took they Tennessee players, divided them up, and placed them with a bunch of high schoolers making it appear that that was it. Since I had just recently looked at the rosters of all of the teams, I corrected the error by saying that indeed the rosters were mostly college players. That started the fireworks. I was told by another that I was the one who was wrong because they had attended Rocky Top games for years and high schoolers played. There were a cadre of others who said I didn't know what I was talking about, high schoolers played. Well, maybe, but not many in 2013. I am a retired scientist, in addition to being a retired drill sergeant, so I am quite used to using statistics to establish validity. I have attached the rosters and statistics of all of the teams in the Rocky Top League in 2013. There were 74 players on the rosters and 67 of them had a college listed by their name. The other 7 may have been high schoolers but I bet not. Those 67 players scored 99% of the points scored in the league and the 7 scored the remaining 1%. Brandon and Galen played on the KNS team that won the league; Demontre and AJ played on the DeRoyal team; Josh, Armani, and Darius played on the Rice Buick team, Robert played on the Next Level Training team, Jordan and Pops played on the Campus Lights team, and Choice Spine had no current Tennessee players.
Pilot Rocky Top Basketball League
Regarding the league statistics I later posted the KNS statistics just saying they were interesting. They bolstered the resume of a certain point guard who was a fourth year senior walkon who could be deserving of a scholarship if there was one left over because those were the only statistics he had playing full time. He had successfully piloted a team to a championship playing against college competition and his scholarship teammates. He was immediately attacked like he was a second class citizen and should never even be considered for a scholarship. Those scholarship players yet to be signed were first class. This was even though he averaged 14 dishing the ball,had shot 62% from the field, and 81% from the free throw line in 6 games. That started another barrage.
Well, going back to the college Rocky Top League versus the high school Rocky Top league, I think those people were just confused. The high schoolers have a Rocky Top League of their own!
Rocky Top High School Fall League Rosters (Knoxville) | Tennessee Prep Hoops

Reactions: 2 people
No one has said he doesn't deserve the scholarship if it's still open. Why did you start ANOTHER thread about it?

Thank you for your service.

Reactions: 1 person
One of the longest running troll jobs I've seen on this board. He's getting more and more blatant with it now, and I think people are finally starting to catch on.

Reactions: 1 person
One of the longest running troll jobs I've seen on this board. He's getting more and more blatant with it now, and I think people are finally starting to catch on.
Will the real troll please stand up?
This is the original post from a newbie:
Originally Posted by Fred3 View Post
"Was curious as to the rules of Rocky Top league. If Coach Tyndall okayed his players to participate in the league, would they be able to all be on same team, or must they be broken up...say 2 or 3 at most on same team.? My thought is that if they were able to play together as one team it would greatly improve the team chemistry...which may be as important as all the x's & o's coach DT and staff can draw up!"

The response that I commented on correcting the error:
"They're usually broken up and placed with High schoolers around East Tennessee."

This was your response:
"Anyone who would start crying "misinformation" and claim that someone is "dissing" the RTL league for saying high schoolers play in it has some serious screws loose. How could it possibly matter so much that it's worth calling somebody out over? They're a series of glorified pickup games."

In the military, misinformation is not acceptable. Giving someone a mistake impression is not acceptable. In your world, it may be fine.

Anyone know how to ignore on mobile?

Edit: never mind I figured it out :)

Last edited:
In the military, misinformation is not acceptable. Giving someone a mistake impression is not acceptable. In your world, it may be fine.

You always end up saying too much.
Misinformation is actually a tool or in some cases a weapon used by the Intelligence branches of the military to confuse the enemy or to keep the public in the dark as to the truth that would hurt their image.
Damn. You should know that.

Not in a forum where a new person to the group is asking a question. Is that what we are supposed to do here? There is a difference between Vol Nation and the military, don't you think? Just asking?

Not in a forum where a new person to the group is asking a question. Is that what we are supposed to do here? There is a difference between Vol Nation and the military, don't you think? Just asking?
Rephrase please. Not sure what you're saying.

You are simply playing semantics! Not interested! Don't need to waste the readers time anymore.

You are simply playing semantics! Not interested! Don't need to waste the readers time anymore.

You brought up the military. Why I said you say too much.
A better response would have been, 'Why make up lies to support your opinion. is that acceptable in your world. It's not in mine.'
Don't think you're a troll, just misunderstood because you're too verbose at times.
If you don't like the advice you've got the Ignore button.

VN Store

Back