'15 VA SG Chris Clarke (former TN commit, now VPI)

bleedingTNorange

6'5" 170lbs
Ranked #116 on 247 Composite Rankings

Labeled as a tough nosed defender, high flyer who's offensive game is a bit lacking outside of 15 feet.

Chris Clarke 6’5/BWSL

There just aren’t many prospects in the land like Chris Clarke. The high-flying wing is at his best in the open floor and brings physicality and athleticism on highlight reel dunk attempts at the tin. The knock on him has been that he doesn’t shoot the rock outside of 15 feet, yet he is capable of doing everything else on the floor and there should be room within every program in America for a guy like the Boo wing. He can act as a point-forward at times for his squad and buys into the team concept from the get-go. Clarke locks the 1-3 spots on floor out top and is engaged on both sides of the glass. In a loss to the Playaz Sunday morning, the Cape Henry junior had a stat line of 13 points, nine boards, and three assists in 21 minutes of play. He then followed it up with 12 points, seven boards, four assists, and three blocks in a big win over Nike Team Texas to finish out the day. Creighton seems to be the only program to have made the kid a priority, though the likes of Maryland, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Old Dominion have offered.

-HoopsIntel

Write up from this weekends EYBL event

"@D1Circuit: F Chris Clarke (@Chris_Clarkee): 24 PTS (11-16 FG), 7 REB, 5 AST, 2 STL for Boo Williams in a win over E1T1: http://t.co/iexhPXPJwl"

Really hope we land this guy. Rob Lewis says we are definitely in it but that Clarke is wide open.

Agree. Honestly, him and Evans are my two biggest wants. Even ahead of Bacon or Beasely. But admittedly, I don't know much about Bacon or Beasley.

Beasley is awesome, but he's not as high up my board simply because of need. We have Mostella, Hubbs, Punter and Baulkman....the needs are much more glaring at other positions. Not to bring the debate here, but reminds me a bit of Torrance Gibson, hell of a talent, but would rather have a position of need instead.

Evans
Bacon
Marshall
Fall
Clarke

Are all pretty high on my list

VN Store

Back