'15 TN C Nick Marshall

4* in state just now receiving an offer. Whether he fit the current system or not 6'11 can't be ignored.

Last edited:
I think this staff is going to run recruiting in a similar way as the football staff. They will get offers to many prospects to get our name out there and just relentlessly attack the guys we really want.

I think this staff is going to run recruiting in a similar way as the football staff. They will get offers to many prospects to get our name out there and just relentlessly attack the guys we really want.

I think we will be ranked in the next 2 years.

4* in state just now receiving an offer. Whether he fit the current system or not 6'11 can't be ignored.

Based on this article and a little research, it looks like Marshall"burst onto the scene this spring with Team Thad". Scouts and Rivals haven't even taken a look at him yet. His ESPN ranking came late in the Spring, and his offers came in Spring.

Stock Up: 2015 Center Edition

Martin and the previous staff were recruiting him, I get people don't like the guy, but plenty to gripe about without needing to make things up...

From 4/10/14...

“@Future150: Future150 has learned that Tennessee is visiting 2015 C Nick Marshall out of Lexington TN Big time shot blocker and break out player.”

Reactions: 3 people
Martin and the previous staff were recruiting him, I get people don't like the guy, but plenty to gripe about without needing to make things up...

From 4/10/14...

“@Future150: Future150 has learned that Tennessee is visiting 2015 C Nick Marshall out of Lexington TN Big time shot blocker and break out player.”

That's exactly what we need.

From 4/10/14...

Yeah, I guess he was recruiting another big for Cal.

From 4/10/14...

Just started recruiting him in April though. Not exactly debunking the accusations of laziness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

From 4/10/14...

Just started recruiting him in April though. Not exactly debunking the accusations of laziness.

That's when everyone started recruiting the guy, he has just really came on the scene in the last few months. Look at his offer list pre-April...

Reactions: 3 people
Averaged 12 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks per game last year.

Not great numbers for a 6'11 kid in high school ball. His offense must be really raw at this point. Does anyone know how long this kid has been 6'11? Did he just add a few inches recently, or did he finally figure out how to use his 6'11 frame?

Not great numbers for a 6'11 kid in high school ball. His offense must be really raw at this point. Does anyone know how long this kid has been 6'11? Did he just add a few inches recently, or did he finally figure out how to use his 6'11 frame?

It's no secret the kid is just now coming into his own, been getting great reviews at every AAU event

It's no secret the kid is just now coming into his own, been getting great reviews at every AAU event

I agree, everything I've read said he has really making a move in AAU this spring. I was just wondering if he hit a growth spurt to get to 6'11 or if he just stopped looking like a new born deer on the court and adjusted to being 6'11.

VN Store

Back