'15 Georgia PG Ty Hudson

bleedingTNorange

"Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred 1m
#Vols @TheRecruitScoop: 2015 Southern Stampede (GA) PG Ty Hudson has an offer from Tennessee."

Kinda flying under the radar heading into this AAU season, but he's blowing up on the EYBL circuit which will turn everyone's head.

From this AM:
@D1Circuit: G Ty Hudson (@Tyzaryhud1): 23 PTS, 7 REB, 6 AST, 2 STL for Southern Stampede in a win over Penny @Southstampede Southern Stampede (GA) at Team Penny (TN) - 2014 Regular Season

Reactions: 2 people
Donnie Knoxville is just amazing feels good to know we are going after the best and not what "we have a chance at"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Donnie Knoxville is just amazing feels good to know we are going after the best and not what "we have a chance at"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Let's see if he can land one. Zo went after the best too and missed.

Why the hell not at least try for the best? Sure we are more a football school, but we have some of the best facilities in the country and early playing time available. CCM was a fool.

Reactions: 3 people
Why the hell not at least try for the best? Sure we are more a football school, but we have some of the best facilities in the country and early playing time available. CCM was a fool.

Robert Hubbs was a 5* player, and had offers from all over the country. 2 5* players in 3 years isn't a bad haul. Set the bar there for DT and see how he does.

Reactions: 1 person
Fair enough, 2 5* players in 3 years is pretty good though. Saying he didn't go after elite players just isn't reality.

Take away the 2 5 stars and all you have is a bunch of unranked 2/3 star players... Richardson was the only exception since he was ranked around 130

Robert Hubbs was a 5* player, and had offers from all over the country. 2 5* players in 3 years isn't a bad haul. Set the bar there for DT and see how he does.

Check out all the commits CCM is bagging at Cal. Let's see, there's the 7'1" kid CCM recruited to UT then had him change to Cal the next day. And that's it pal. Oh, he's lost a couple of commits, and had a player transfer out.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Take away the 2 5 stars and all you have is a bunch of unranked 2/3 star players... Richardson was the only exception since he was ranked around 130

Actually, that's not true either. 1 2* in Pops, all of the other players were 3* players. Thompson was ranked around 150. Austin and Cofer were both in the top 150, and Cornish was in the top 150 for a long while before he was injured his senior season.

Throw out the first cobbled together class, which Martin had very little time to put together (as an aside, I think you should probably throw out this Tyndall class as well) and you end up with a class of:

Stokes
Reece
Moore

and

Thompson
Hubbs
Davis
Pops

Out of those 7 players, only Pops was a huge miss.

Check out all the commits CCM is bagging at Cal. Let's see, there's the 7'1" kid CCM recruited to UT then had him change to Cal the next day. And that's it pal. Oh, he's lost a couple of commits, and had a player transfer out.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Lost 2 commits, had one senior that never played transfer out.

Signed Okorah and Domingo. Still looking for a back up PG.

Don't let facts get in the way of your argument though. Anyway this thread is supposed to be about Ty Hudson anyway. Hudson is an unranked 15' with a few solid offers from Clemson, K. St. and Xavier. If he continues to play well during the AAU season, he will probably end up as a 3* 130-175 type player.

Last edited:

I bet Donnie Tyndall lands more top 100 players in 3 years.

Stokes and Hubbs were great. Problem is that it took a huge drop after those.

Fair enough, 2 5* players in 3 years is pretty good though. Saying he didn't go after elite players just isn't reality.

According to rob Lewis he only went after the best if it appeared there was already a big interest in us. He was more than willing to settle if he had to really fight for a player....if u think his recruiting was top notch I don't know what to tell u.

I bet Donnie Tyndall lands more top 100 players in 3 years.

Stokes and Hubbs were great. Problem is that it took a huge drop after those.

Fair enough. I agree that the back end of Martin's recruiting was questionable. He found a great player in Richardson, and some players who look to be talented in Thompson, Moore, and possibly Reece (verdict is out). I hope DT does pick up the recruiting, but to say Martin never went after good players just isn't correct. Again, with that said, Ty Hudson would be a great pick up, but I doubt he cracks the top 100. He will probably be ranked right around where Larry Austin ended up.

Actually, that's not true either. 1 2* in Pops, all of the other players were 3* players. Thompson was ranked around 150. Austin and Cofer were both in the top 150, and Cornish was in the top 150 for a long while before he was injured his senior season.

Throw out the first cobbled together class, which Martin had very little time to put together (as an aside, I think you should probably throw out this Tyndall class as well) and you end up with a class of:

Stokes
Reece
Moore

and

Thompson
Hubbs
Davis
Pops

Out of those 7 players, only Pops was a huge miss.
You left Edwards off of that second class also.

You left Edwards off of that second class also.

My fault. I think it might be best for Martin to stay out of the JuCo ranks. I don't think that is even an option at Cal. He helped land Landry at Purdue, but did some dumpster diving at U.T.

Martin wasn't (and probably still isn't) a finished product when he made it to U.T. I think he took a few risks in that first class that he wishes he could take back. DT is doing a much better job of putting together an emergency class using his JuCo connections than Martin. There are going to be some misses, but they won't be long commitment misses.

It appears that it is impossible to have a recruit thread without veering off into could-CCM-recruit territory. Can't you guys keep that over on one or two threads and leave these for actual info about actual recruits, here and now?

:hi:

Reactions: 2 people
My fault. I think it might be best for Martin to stay out of the JuCo ranks. I don't think that is even an option at Cal. He helped land Landry at Purdue, but did some dumpster diving at U.T.

Martin wasn't (and probably still isn't) a finished product when he made it to U.T. I think he took a few risks in that first class that he wishes he could take back. DT is doing a much better job of putting together an emergency class using his JuCo connections than Martin. There are going to be some misses, but they won't be long commitment misses.
I wasn't as concerned about Zo's first class but he ran most of them off when he needed space....stokes was a special situation being mid yr but I really became concerned when his second class was Reese Moore and Edwards.....that's pitiful

Cuonzo water-carrier support group is that way...
------------------>

Cuonzo hater club is that way...
<------------------

This is the Ty Hudson thread.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back