NBA Combine

Vols188

Jarnell Stokes measured in at 6 foot 7 without shoes, 6.85 with shoes. Body fat 8.2%

Jordan McRae 6 foot 3.75 inches without shoes. Wingspan 7.050. Made 15 of 25 NBA distance 3 pointers

That one inch between 6'7" and 6'8'' is probably going to cost him several slots in the draft.

That one inch between 6'7" and 6'8'' is probably going to cost him several slots in the draft.

I think it helps actually. He's 6'8.5" with shoes, which is the measurement that matters. Advertised as 6'8" in college. Pretty accurate. It would've hurt if he'd measured 6'6" in socks, but I think 6'7" is about what most expected.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it helps actually. He's 6'8.5" with shoes, which is the measurement that matters. Advertised as 6'8" in college. Pretty accurate. It would've hurt if he'd measured 6'6" in socks, but I think 6'7" is about what most expected.

Exactly

I think Stoke's measurements actually helped him instead of hurt. A lot thought he was 6'7.

Jarnell rd 1

Jordan rd 2

I think both can have productive careers in the league if they work on their weaknesses.

That's without shoes, so 6'5.25" with shoes, still a bit shorter than I thought too though. Does have a wingspan over 7' though, so that helps.

The wingspan helps a lot. Allows to play bigger than he is. Scouts will look at that. Bismack Biyombo is around 6'9 but his wingspan allows him to play like a 7 footer.

I hope one or both of these guys lands somewhere nearby like Memphis or Atlanta, would love to keep watching them.

Reactions: 3 people
People that say Jarnell won't go in the first round.....are D E L U S I O N A L

I see a lot of Steven Adams in Jarnell's game if only he was a tad taller I could certainly see okc picking him up...at least I hope so :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just some food for thought, but I was watching Stokes do his combine interview with the Orlando Magic and they asked him his strengths and so and so on. One thing he said that stood out to me is that he feels confident in his shot, but said in college he didn't because he felt like coach never wanted him shooting the ball.

Lmao so people who think someone whose had a second round grade his entire life and just recently got a late first round grade and people who don't think hell go first are delusional, ok buddy got ya.

Reactions: 4 people
Just some food for thought, but I was watching Stokes do his combine interview with the Orlando Magic and they asked him his strengths and so and so on. One thing he said that stood out to me is that he feels confident in his shot, but said in college he didn't because he felt like coach never wanted him shooting the ball.

That's weird he ended the season with the ball in his hands.

Both have a chance to make a roster. McRae struggles with consistency which will hurt him. Stokes is a 4 in the body of a 3 as far as length is concerned. Both will make a lot of money playing bb, either in the league or overseas.

Jarnell's final measurements. They didn't have his weight listed until today. He might have the height of a SF, but dang that's a lot of muscle to be 262 lbs and 8% BF. Not many guys are going to be able to push him around under the rim. PF all the way. He's the heaviest prospect at the combine this year, but has a lower BF% than most other guys with similar measurables. That's strength, and GMs will take notice.

Attachments

• Jarnell Combine.jpg
    Jarnell Combine.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Watched a little at lunch today. McRae's verticals was surprisingly low. He wasn't top 10 among SG's for standing vert and was like 8th or 9th for max vert.

Also on the lane drill he knocked over a cone, then it looked like he got mad and just didn't finish the drill.

VN Store

Back