'15 JUCO SG Frederick Edmond

Impressive stats last year:
Southern Idaho Golden Eagles - Fredrick Edmond - 2013-2014 Men's Basketball

The 6-foot-4 Edmond averaged 38 points, 11 rebounds and four assists per game for Kingdom Prep under coach Joel Hannagan.
Lansing Eastern's Fredrick Edmond heads to Western Kentucky

Before signing with CSI, Edmond initially inked at Western Kentucky University, had offers from Oregon State, Kansas State, and Auburn and drew interest from Missouri and Texas A&M, according to some online reports.

“He is a Dwyane Wade type of scorer,” Cox said. “He can score in multiple ways, gets into the lane and he is a physical guard who really rebounds.”

At 6-foot-4 and 200 pounds, Cox said that Edmond could be a combination of former CSI players Carrick Felix (now with the NBA’s Cleveland Cavaliers), for his frame and athleticism, and Rafriel Guthrie, for his physicality, ballhandling and scoring. Both players rebounded well. Edmond is potentially a high-impact player.

Cox Gets Busy Finishing First CSI Recruiting Class

Reactions: 1 person
With a lightning-quick first step, the agility, ball-handling and hand-eye coordination to weave by multiple defenders in traffic, Edmond can seemingly get near the hoop whenever he wants, even when defenses load up would-be driving lanes.

“Every game is hard, it’s not easy to go to the basket, getting through six to eight people it seems like,” Edmond said.

But it’s what he does when arrives that has him coming back for more, even when he misses the landing.

The freshman had a full highlight reel before conference play began. He’s added to it, from his dunk over two defenders against Colorado Northwestern (his favorite), to a jam in which he needed just one dribble and two steps from behind the 3-point line.

CSI freshman Edmond dazzling fans with his game

Southern Idaho Golden Eagles - Freshman Fredrick Edmond named 2nd team All-American

Last edited:
Dang, how many SGs would that put us at? I suppose some could run point too but I figured they'd try to land some more big bodies with the limited space that's left.

I don't care how many guards we have as long as we can score, and as long as we can win. This guy to me seems like a pure scorer in every sense of the term. I want him at UT if he averaged 38 ppg.

Reactions: 2 people
He is 2015 more than likely although he may enroll somewhere other than the Juco college he is attending now.

We have *****ed and moaned for the last few years about not having any or at least enough "scorers" and "pure shooters" and now that Tyndall is stock piling them we are *****ing about that..............

Reactions: 8 people
We have *****ed and moaned for the last few years about not having any or at least enough "scorers" and "pure shooters" and now that Tyndall is stock piling them we are *****ing about that..............

But someone has to rebound and be an enforcer in the paint.......

Reactions: 2 people
Getting a Juco guy next year also help smooth out recruiting classes. As it stands right now there could be 0 seniors on the 2016-2017 squad (this is assuming that Hubbs leaves early). Tyndall has to both find good players and get a little balance to his roster.

Getting a Juco guy next year also help smooth out recruiting classes. As it stands right now there could be 0 seniors on the 2016-2017 squad (this is assuming that Hubbs leaves early). Tyndall has to both find good players and get a little balance to his roster.

I don't think that's going to be an issue....

It may also help if someone formatted this to make the subject more in line with other recruit threads so everyone will know he's a 2015 guy.

But someone has to rebound and be an enforcer in the paint.......

AND not all of those scorers are gonna get to play much. With so many guys, there are bound to be a few that don't see as much playing time because there simply aren't enough positions for them ALL to put up massive points. Can't really have a bunch of 6'3 6'4 guys trying to snag D. Rebounds on Kentucky's 6'8 6'9 bigs.

VN Store

Back