Bball recruiting is off the chain

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
We got 3 players today, Ian Chiles, Willie Carmichael, and Devon Baulkman..... Coach T. has now filled 7 spots....
I think he only has 1 spot left, unless anybody else leaves.....

That's truly incredible. I just hope that these guys can play some serious ball. Here's a basic depth chart which may/ may not be close to correct:

PG Chiles/ Baulkman
SG Richardson/ Mostella/ Punter
SF Moore/ Hubbs
PF. Reese/ Carmichael/ McGee
C. McKnight/ ?/Pops

This lineup could look different depending on who plays what positions, but it appears that TN will have a very versatile lineup but slightly undersized in the post. We're going to have major speed, especially if Mostella can play point guard.....

PG. Mostella/ Chiles
SG. Hubbs/ Punter
SF. Richardson/ Moore
PF. Reese/ Carmichael
C. McKnight/ McGee/ ?

I think we will get Owens and that will be it for this year....
This is going to be a very fast, athletic team...Exciting days are ahead.....:hi:

Reactions: 16 people
Truly remarkable what Donnie has been able to pull together in 3 or so weeks time.

For the Starting 5 I like:
Chiles
Richardson
Hubbs
Moore
McKnight

Reactions: 7 people
I really wish Thompson would come back he could average 5+ assist and 2 steals a game in this system.

I really wish Thompson would come back he could average 5+ assist and 2 steals a game in this system.

that was his call and he made it. we need and want the guys who wants to be a vol and wear the orange, if you dont then you dont, who knows maybe he will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
that was his call and he made it. we need and want the guys who wants to be a vol and wear the orange, if you dont then you dont

Sounds cold blooded but your dead end on. Their is so much parity in college bball, give me a dude that has bought in and wants to be here all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I had a long day at work.When I finally got home I found out that coach Tyndall signs three more while I was working.What a great day for Tennessee basketball.Coach Tyndalls ability to recruit is nothing less than spectacular.I know it's late in the process so things are supposed to be accelerated but this class is coming together lightning fast.Welcome all new Vols and keep up the great work coach Tyndall.Go Vols and HTTR!!

Reactions: 2 people
It definitely seems like the whole fiasco with CCM and the petition is paying off.

Reactions: 18 people
I'm having a hard time imagining what we posters will b!tch about during the season.
Unlike the last few seasons, it won't be poor coaching.

Reactions: 2 people
"Off the Chain" is such an overused phrase that it almost has no meaning. BUT, I have to say this recruiting run is the most pure definition of "Off the Chain" ever. It's no joke.

That being said, I would say DT is history. Tyndall looks like he just took his 50% and tossed it. Not being hard on the kid, but he took his liberty on UT's grace to release him from his commitment, then play to field to see if he can land in a greener place (which he may).

But, it appears the door just got slammed on him today. I thought he could be a good one here and was missing a great opportunity with CDT and this class coming in as a starting PG at the University of Tennessee. Anyway, unless someone else is transferring, I see CDT holding a scholly for next year and rolling with this army of guards now in the fold.

Looking forward to some exciting ball this year. Not convinced we'll make the NCAA, but it should be entertaining IMO.

well i will be that guy.. so half of the recruits that have signed are from smu..is that correct ?so vn is excited about/stealing recruits from that school...

we will be average in bb but it seems thats all is expected anymore... in all of our sports.... so will this team compete for sec championships? will his next? oh wait till 2016 yeah that will be the year..

ok off to bed

Reactions: 3 people
well i will be that guy.. so half of the recruits that have signed are from smu..is that correct ?so vn is excited about/stealing recruits from that school...

we will be average in bb but it seems thats all is expected anymore... in all of our sports.... so will this team compete for sec championships? will his next? oh wait till 2016 yeah that will be the year..

ok off to bed

We just went to the Sweet 16.

That's better than winning the SEC Championship.

Reactions: 4 people

ok off to bed

Sad no hope for you to understand.

VN Store

Back