Rocky Top Summer League Question....

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
A couple of questions about the Rocky Top Summer league...

1. Will CDT continue the program?

2. Will all of the new signees participate?

This could be a great way for CDT and the fans to get a little more familiar with the players and their style of play.

CDT is not in charge of the Rocky Top League. He is in charge of the the University of Tennessee Men's Basketball program.

Reactions: 1 person

This could be a great way for CDT and the fans to get a little more familiar with the players and their style of play.

I doubt anyone on VN can conclusivey answer the second question at this point, but I am as curious as you on the first question. CDT may have not even been approached about it yet.

I doubt all of the guys will. A lot of times with JUCOs or grad transfers they don't arrive here until the 2nd part of summer which will be after the RTL is over.

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for Brandon Lopez to earn his starting spot for the season in the Rocky Top league this summer.

Reactions: 6 people
I doubt anyone on VN can conclusivey answer the second question at this point, but I am as curious as you on the first question. CDT may have not even been approached about it yet.

CDT can't have any affiliation what so ever with the RTL.

I guess I phrased incorrectly, I know CDT cannot have any affiliation, but he can forbid his players from participating. I guess my real question is will he allow them to participate?

I heard the organizer of TRTL on the radio a few weeks ago, and he said that CDT is tremendously supportive of the league. The organizer spoke like that CDT would be present at all of the games because there are no restrictions on coaches in the summer anymore with the new rules. However, I may have misunderstood.

The league is being played at Catholic High School this year.

1. RTL is not Tyndall's, and that's not something for Tyndall to decide.

2. No.

I heard the organizer of TRTL on the radio a few weeks ago, and he said that CDT is tremendously supportive of the league. The organizer spoke like that CDT would be present at all of the games because there are no restrictions on coaches in the summer anymore with the new rules. However, I may have misunderstood.

Good to know. Love to see how CDT works the crowd. He has a chance to come out like a rock star after following the last stiff.

I know that, and I know that they don't need his permission to hold the league. But, they'll have a hard time getting current UT players to participate if CDT doesn't give his blessing, and if UT's players aren't playing, fans won't attend. So, while CDT is not affiliated with the league, he indirectly has a big say in whether or not it continues.

Reactions: 2 people
I guess I phrased incorrectly, I know CDT cannot have any affiliation, but he can forbid his players from participating. I guess my real question is will he allow them to participate?

This.
League dies if CDT doesn't support its existence.

Well, this is good news.

@BBallTimeMag: The Rocky Top League starts June 16th at Catholic HS. Games will be Monday and Wednesday at 6, 7:30, and 9. #Vols

Was curious as to the rules of Rocky Top league. If Coach Tyndall okayed his players to participate in the league, would they be able to all be on same team, or must they be broken up...say 2 or 3 at most on same team.? My thought is that if they were able to play together as one team it would greatly improve the team chemistry...which may be as important as all the x's & o's coach DT and staff can draw up!

Was curious as to the rules of Rocky Top league. If Coach Tyndall okayed his players to participate in the league, would they be able to all be on same team, or must they be broken up...say 2 or 3 at most on same team.? My thought is that if they were able to play together as one team it would greatly improve the team chemistry...which may be as important as all the x's & o's coach DT and staff can draw up!
They're usually broken up and placed with High schoolers around East Tennessee. You won't see DT or any assistant drawing up plays though :p

I see what your saying, but it'd be hard to put them on one team cause the other 6 or 7 teams would just get shellacked. Plus RT league is mainly for fans and a little bit of conditioning. Chemistry will hopefully be established in day to day life and once practice start. jmo

They have a draft iirc. So the guys usually end up pretty spread out.

Thanks for the information. I think still beneficial, even if play against each other, as they will certainly learn each others strengths as basketball players. Hope DT lets his guys play in the league.

I remember Cam Tatum looking like Lebron during the RTL, and then disappearing for the next 4 years.

VN Store

Back