Chris Dortch coming up on Tony Basilio show.

Said Mostella is a rare breed with a big vertical leap and a jump shot ala David Thompson.

- Thinks CDT is more intent than CBP.

- CDT wasn't born with a silverspoon in his mouth, came up through hard work. He doesn't need to have 4 or 5 stars to be successful.

- He wants tough minded players. Says fans will never question effort with his players.

- Mostella still hasn't made it through the clearinghouse. Has a lot to learn, but is a scoring machine.

- CDT wants competitors. Mentally tough and sharp between the ears. Has a lot of sets in his playbook. Will take players that might be a step too slow or an inch too small if they have that "edge" the will to win.

- Thinks Hubbs will be back.

-Thinks Cofer will be back as well. Says his highschool coach is in his ear about Georiga Tech or FSU. But the Cofer family bleeds orange

- Donnie has a lot of connections and friends. Has a lot of good relationships with high school coaches.

- Each player he has signed already had prior relationships with the coaches/recruits.

- CDT starts out with a 2-1-2 press then drops back to man to man match up zone. Says it's hard for teams to prepare for. Makes a lot of in game adjustments.

- Other coaches will have to prepare for CDT's press and zone.

- Believes Tariq Owens will be wearing orange.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Dortch says he thinks Owens plus 2 or 3 more will be wearing orange. He thinks if he gets a couple more, he will be able to cobble them together and win 20 games. Forget about Calipari and Donovan. If he does that he will be Coach of the Year in the SEC.

Reactions: 9 people
- Thinks CDT is more intent than CBP.

- CDT wasn't born with a silverspoon in his mouth, came up through hard work. He doesn't need to have 4 or 5 stars to be successful.

- He wants tough minded players. Says fans will never question effort with his players.

- Mostella still hasn't made it through the clearinghouse. Has a lot to learn, but is a scoring machine.

- CDT wants competitors. Mentally tough and sharp between the ears. Has a lot of sets in his playbook. Will take players that might be a step too slow or an inch too small if they have that "edge" the will to win.

- Thinks Hubbs will be back.

-Thinks Cofer will be back as well. Says his highschool coach is in his ear about Georiga Tech or FSU. But the Cofer family bleeds orange

- Donnie has a lot of connections and friends. Has a lot of good relationships with high school coaches.

- Each player he has signed already had prior relationships with the coaches/recruits.

- CDT starts out with a 2-2-1 press then drops back to man to man match up zone. Says it's hard for teams to prepare for. Makes a lot of in game adjustments.

- Other coaches will have to prepare for CDT's press and zone.

- Believes Tariq Owens will be wearing orange.

Pretty sure Dortch said they start out in a 2-1-2 zone press (rather than 2-2-1).

In all my years of listening/reading Chris Dortch, I have never heard this kind of overwhelming endorsement on the front end of a coach by him.

I listened to his interview, I have read articles in the past. I respect his opinion and he knows something. Dortch is conservative and reserved about his statements, he has not been with Tyndall.

He must know something because this is mind blowing to hear him speak this way.

Reactions: 11 people
In all my years of listening/reading Chris Dortch, I have never heard this kind of overwhelming endorsement on the front end of a coach by him.

I listened to his interview, I have read articles in the past. I respect his opinion and he knows something. Dortch is conservative and reserved about his statements, he has not been with Tyndall.

Before the hire, Gary Parrish said that Tyndall could succeed at UT and that he was a Pearl-type personality. As a national writer, Parrish knows alot of coaches and alot of people, and he had high praise for him.

There have been a couple of others that are high on Tyndall. Dortch does surprise me with his praise too. I hope he is correct, but he knows more than most people.

Well he probably hasn't gotten the real skinny from BTO :glare:

Reactions: 7 people
Surprised Dortch was able to give out this much information considering Basilio's penchant for smacking his lips while eating and talking over his guests.

Surprised Dortch was able to give out this much information considering Basilio's penchant for smacking his lips while eating and talking over his guests.

Sounded like Basilio was in awe to be in Chris' presence

Yea but apparently what that post meant was Tyndall paid Jesus to make Mostella a Vol

Don't start that again. You love Drama....LOL...j/k

I guess some could take it that way but I am not going there, Today....LOL

Be the new you....

VN Store

Back