Dunk City next year

Stoked

The last player I can remeber that was as small as Mostella and that could throw down like he does has to be this guy...

Old Spice - Russell Westbrook - YouTube

I'm not saying he is as fast as Westbrook but he certainally has some hops like he did coming out of highschool. A lot of people when they think of Westbrook imagine him as a former 5 star. He wasn't. He was a 3 star coming out of highschool and couldn't dunk until his junior year. If Mostella can keep out of trouble and keep his grades in order, we are going to have a special 2-4 years with this kid.

The athletiscm and the dunking ability on our team next year is going to be something we haven't witnessed in a while. I can't guarantee a certain amount of wins but if we add a couple more pieces, I think our Vols are going to shock some people next year.

It's a great time to be a Vol and I finally feel the old excitement I used to have! GBO!

**disclaimer In no way am I saying I think he will be as good as RW, what I'm saying is that's who he reminds me of with his height, weight, and athletiscm coming out of highschool.**

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Dunks don't win games, but I do agree the team does look like it's going to be exciting to watch. If they can pick up one great big man, then I can see the wins start to pick up.

Reactions: 2 people
Josh Richardson to Punter and Mostella

@J_Rich1: @_KP5 @Teek3015 welcome to the fam fellas

@Teek3015: @J_Rich1 @_KP5 💯 lets ball..

Detrick Mostella tweeted, "Some followers would be nice!" If any of you Twitter, we should probably follow all of our basketball team members and coaches as a show of support.

Man we will have some real athleticism and scoring ability on the perimeter. We just need some athletic bigs that can rebound and play D

Dunks only count as 2 points...But they are more fun to watch than layups...Now we need to get Cofer back and We'll be phi Slamma Jamma 2.0

Dunks only count as 2 points...But they are more fun to watch than layups...Now we need to get Cofer back and We'll be phi Slamma Jamma 2.0

True but how many times have you seen an opposing coach call a timeout after a couple of big time dunks! Answer a lot!!!

The problem we had in the past was we had bigs who could not dunk or hit a high % of their lay ups. This has cost us more than a few wins in the past.

The last player I can remeber that was as small as Mostella and that could throw down like he does has to be this guy...

I'm not saying he is as fast as Westbrook but he certainally has some hops like he did coming out of highschool. A lot of people when they think of Westbrook imagine him as a former 5 star. He wasn't. He was a 3 star coming out of highschool and couldn't dunk until his junior year. If Mostella can keep out of trouble and keep his grades in order, we are going to have a special 2-4 years with this kid.

The athletiscm and the dunking ability on our team next year is going to be something we haven't witnessed in a while. I can't guarantee a certain amount of wins but if we add a couple more pieces, I think our Vols are going to shock some people next year.

It's a great time to be a Vol and I finally feel the old excitement I used to have! GBO!

**disclaimer In no way am I saying I think he will be as good as RW, what I'm saying is that's who he reminds me of with his height, weight, and athletiscm coming out of highschool.**

Circus acts. Once the ball is tipped, it's about who the best is.

Hey, several of youse hero Ben Howland was in that video. But the absolute side splitting point in this was the Mostella/Westbrook connection like there even IS one.

VN Store

Back