There's more to come

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
cdortch: Thu 01:16am Any Tennessee hoops fans still worried about new staff's ability to recruit? There's still more to come.

pre-Boom?

Reactions: 28 people
Donnie K goin' hard in the paint.

Bring back Hubbs, Cofer. Add a couple bigs and a PG or two.

I'm pleased thus far.

Reactions: 2 people
pre-Boom?

wnod.gif

Reactions: 5 people
pre-Boom?

The recruiting is great, no doubt ....
I just don't understand how all these players fit together at the 2 and 3...

SG. Richardson/ punter/ mosela
SF. Moore / Hubbs

I just don't see how you can keep them all happy unless you move 1 of them to point guard or to PF..... Or Punter is 3rd string? Not sure but all of a sudden were stacked at the 2 and 3 position.... 4 is not bad either with the new guy and Reese.....

We need 2 big guys and. 2 PGs....
If he lands all of that then well be ready to compete right away....

SF. Moore / Hubbs

I just don't see how you can keep them all happy unless you move 1 of them to point guard or to PF..... Or Punter is 3rd string? Not sure but all of a sudden were stacked at the 2 and 3 position.... 4 is not bad either with the new guy and Reese.....

He could possible move Punter to PG. Yeah I'm with you though we need at least 2 big men. Preferably two athletic big men who can really run the floor. McGhee is only 6'7" so we need another big guy to play next to him.

If we're going to press all game we have to have a lot of depth. One of the bigger SFs will probably see some time at PF also, to make for a more athletic line up.

We'll probably play with 4 guards and a big a lot too.

If we're going to press all game we have to have a lot of depth. One of the bigger SFs will probably see some time at PF also, to make for a more athletic line up.

We'll probably play with 4 guards and a big a lot too.

This. Minutes shouldnt be a problem

SF. Moore / Hubbs

Solely based on who he is recruiting, I can see us playing a 4 guard lineup with regularity.

SG: Hubbs, Punter, Mostella
SF: Richardson, Moore

I think Mostella can give us minutes at the PG position, but he wouldn't be my preference to start there (see Trae Golden).

Assuming we add Suarez, I can see times where we have Suarez, Hubbs, Richardson, Moore, McGhee on the floor, or even Suarez, Mostella/Punter, Hubbs, Richardson, McGhee.

SF. Moore / Hubbs

not your job to figure out. thats why they pay donnie knoxville

We need at least one true big. I want Hubbs to stay, Cofer to re-sign, DT to come back to run the point, and one true big man!!! Anything else is a bonus I would think. I say that because I don't feel he will bring in a lesser player just to fill the roster.

Reactions: 1 person
We'll see a lot of 4 gaurd lineups.

My favorite lineup would be this one. It would be small and not ideal but imagine the speed!

Mostella
Punter
Hubbs
Richardson
Cofer (if he signs)

My favorite lineup would be this one. It would be small and not ideal but imagine the speed!

Mostella
Punter
Hubbs
Richardson
Cofer (if he signs)

That lineup still boasts a lot of height even with 4 guards...Hubbs and Richardson at 6'6" and Cofer at 6'8" and Mostella at 6'3" that lineup still has rebounding potential.

That lineup still boasts a lot of height even with 4 guards...Hubbs and Richardson at 6'6" and Cofer at 6'8" and Mostella at 6'3" that lineup still has rebounding potential.

Agree. We won games with Dane Bradshaw playing the 4 position. Surely we could win with this group

I wonder if Moore moves to the 4 under CDT's new system. At 6'6/220 I think it could work.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't wait to see what Moore looks like and tbh, I think he's one kid that is ok with the change. Kid shouldve played more. Period. A lot more.

Totally agree. He should have been getting 20 minutes a night period.

Reactions: 2 people
I see where Lonnie Thompson, Darius' handler, is now having second thoughts about his son transferring now that it seems that UT is the hot ticket. Lonnie.......the train may have left this station. You may have opened your big mouth one time too many. Too bad for Darius. He is a good kid and could still help the team.

SF. Moore / Hubbs

Donnie plays 10 deep. Need them to press 40 minutes. Not worried.

Totally agree. He should have been getting 20 minutes a night period.

Remember how many post game reports you had to yell out Free Moore! Never understood why he didn't get 20-25 minutes a game.

Michigan ran a 3 guard, 1 small forward lineup last year and had a pretty good run. If these guys can shoot the ball it could be very effective.

SF. Moore / Hubbs

The easiest way to push the tempo put 4 smalls around a big. I love the run and gun offense.

Mostella
Punter
Hubbs
Richardson
Cofer (if he signs)

By the time he finishes this class adds a few more coaches them up there will be combinations of line ups that will occur that we all will like. The development of A Moore will also be something to watch.

VN Store

Back