The Petition

BigZiti09

Sheep
... was the best possible thing that could have happened for UT basketball.

So far it helped yield the following.....

1. A sweet 16 appearance and nearly an Elite 8

2. Cuonzo Martin's departure

3. $1.3 million for Cuonzo to leave

4. Detrick Mostella (the first 4* player we've had since Jordan McRae and Trae Golden)

5. A rejuvenated fan base

6. Me renewing my season tickets

7. Hopefully a better signing class in 3 weeks than Zo recruited over 3 years

Unbelievable.

Whoever started that petition, I've got two words for you....... THANK YOU!!!!

Reactions: 43 people
Martin did land two 5 stars though...I'm not a martin lover. I LOVE Donnie Knoxville. Hoping he is the next big thing. Just saying martin usually got a big guy and then some nobodies.

Reactions: 4 people
Disagree.

While I am happy with what Donnie Tyndall is doing, there is a right way and wrong way to handle things.

The Tennessee fans who signed the petition did the wrong thing.

Martin was going to leave after this season no matter what. He was not happy how contract negotiations went last year and was out of here no matter what.

The petition made UT fans look like hillbilly racists in the eyes of the media and they are pushing that narrative hard.

The right thing was to sit back and let things take their natural course, as all other schools with class do.

Reactions: 36 people
Disagree.

While I am happy with what Donnie Tyndall is doing, there is a right way and wrong way to handle things.

Martin was going to leave after this season no matter what. He was not happy how contract negotiations went last year and was out of here no matter what.

The petition made UT fans look like hillbilly racists in the eyes of the media and they are pushing that narrative hard.

The right thing was to sit back and let things take their natural course, as all other schools with class do.

never seen a school do that

Reactions: 3 people
Disagree.

well said :salute:

... was the best possible thing that could have happened for UT basketball.

So far it helped yield the following.....

1. A sweet 16 appearance and nearly an Elite 8

2. Cuonzo Martin's departure

3. $1.3 million for Cuonzo to leave

4. Detrick Mostella (the first 4* player we've had since Jordan McRae and Trae Golden)

5. A rejuvenated fan base

6. Me renewing my season tickets

7. Hopefully a better signing class in 3 weeks than Zo recruited over 3 years

Unbelievable.

Whoever started that petition, I've got two words for you....... THANK YOU!!!!

Had the chance to make a great hire and failed.

The fans' loss of confidence in Cuonzo and the impending expiration of Bruce's show-cause exile from basketball were the two factors that lead to the generation of the petition. It was inevitable.

Reactions: 2 people
I will never understand how people convince themselves that Martin's departure was a win-win situation for both he and the school.

Reactions: 1 person
Some people want to make this about Cuonzo. It was over for him the moment Antwan Space busted that jumper in overtime at Texas AM. This isn't about Cuonzo.

It was never going to happen for him after that. There's no turning back from that.

The petition help drive that team to a sweet 16. In turn, that run also helped Cal think Cuonzo was worth spending millions on.

The petition didn't end Cuonzo's run here. Cuonzo did that on his own. That petition saved his career and put $1.3 million in the coffers for UT and also netted a sweet 16 banner along the way.

For those saying "let it die" I say RELAX and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: 8 people
Some people want to make this about Cuonzo. It was over for him the moment Antwan Space busted that jumper in overtime at Texas AM. This isn't about Cuonzo.

It was never going to happen for him after that. There's no turning back from that.

The petition help drive that team to a sweet 16. In turn, that run also helped Cal think Cuonzo was worth spending millions on.

The petition didn't end Cuonzo's run here. Cuonzo did that on his own. That petition saved his career and put $1.3 million in the coffers for UT and also netted a sweet 16 banner along the way.

For those saying "let it die" I say RELAX and enjoy the ride.

i got shotgun :clapping::good!::salute:

Reactions: 1 person
The petition was a national embarrassment, imo. Hopefully some good things come from it. I'm not convinced any have yet.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back