Academics????

SeniorDrill

Wonder if anyone has ever thought maybe these upcoming sophomores, Thompson and Davis, left because of grades or maybe a tougher academic standard being laid down similar to what Butch Jones did in football?

Well from reading most the post I'm gonna say that's a negative cause they all blaming our new coach
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wonder if anyone has ever thought maybe these upcoming sophomores, Thompson and Davis, left because of grades or maybe a tougher academic standard being laid down similar to what Butch Jones did in football?

It's impossible to know, but I really, really doubt it. Both come from solid families, and in Thompson's case, his father is a collegiate head coach who knows what it takes to be eligible. I seriously doubt academics were an issue. Seems more like a personality clash/shock going from Zo's calm demeanor to Tyndall's excitable, pull no punches approach. Tyndall didn't stroke anyone's ego in individual meetings would be my guess, and perhaps these two felt like they wouldn't fit in. Who really knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Tyndall will replace both with better prospects. Tyndall didn't put up much fight and didn't waste any time granting releases. That says it all to me. He could have made them stay or at least played a little hard ball. But he didn't. He's getting down to business.

May they both have outstanding careers at Austin Peay.

Reactions: 3 people
a tougher academic standard? No athlete will be held to more than the NCAA requires for them to be eligible

Reactions: 1 person
More than likely a clash with Tyndall's style. He said there was only one jerk on the team and it was him. Guess they couldn't handle that.

I think most who watch the video have the capability of determining exactly what was said.

you started the thread so why don't you tell us what these new rigorous academic standards will consist of? Also be interested to hear how they will differ from the rules of every other school

In addition to having a major in General Science, I have a minor in English. What about you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZkXFgNnN9I&feature=youtu.be

I majored in Sanskrit

Reactions: 1 person
Not quite. There's plenty of stories of Pat making exceptions for star players

I've not heard that, but will take your word on it.

But Coach Carter did not require his players to maintain a 3.0 grade average. They were required to maintain a 2.3 average, or C+.

I don't believe there is some grand conspiracy or behind the scenes shenanigans going on as to why these guys are transferring, why do we keep trying to turn it in to that?. This kind of stuff happens with new coaching regimes. They don't want to play for him so they transfer out.

Everyone expected next year to be rough. Might as well be a rough season with 75% Tyndall's guys as opposed to trying to get Martin's players to buy in.

Reactions: 4 people
you started the thread so why don't you tell us what these new rigorous academic standards will consist of? Also be interested to hear how they will differ from the rules of every other school.
I majored in Sanskrit
Since you're a moderator, maybe you should step in and keep a post on academics from becoming a shooting match. By the way I am an expert marksman. Political punditry is my specialty. A soldier does not take a frontal assault lying down. Take off your blinders!

VN Store

Back