"Tougher Breed" slogan by CCM

TechnoVol

Does anyone else think that perhaps CCM cooked up the "Tougher Breed" slogan hoping that some of his players would take on more of that mentality?

With the reported reputation that CDT runs a physically tough program, it makes me wonder if in fact some of CCM's former players and recruits aren't buying in and leaving because they don't have that personality.

I hate the roster turnover but ultimately we need players here who will embrace CDT's system.

Reactions: 5 people
Does anyone else think that perhaps CCM cooked up the "Tougher Breed" slogan hoping that some of his players would take on more of that mentality?

With the reported reputation that CDT runs a physically tough program, it makes me wonder if in fact some of CCM's former players and recruits aren't buying in and leaving because they don't have that personality.

I hate the roster turnover but ultimately we need players here who will embrace CDT's system.

It was a catch phrase....nothing more. I think you're giving Martin too much credit in terms of his ability to motivate players.

Besides, Martin is a quitter in my book. He knew he'd never go any further here at UT, so he bolted. He beat pansy teams to reach the Sweet 16 and did so with some NBA talent. Look to Cal in 2-3 years......if you need help locating them, check the toilet.

Reactions: 14 people
It was a catch phrase....nothing more. I think you're giving Martin too much credit in terms of his ability to motivate players.

Besides, Martin is a quitter in my book. He knew he'd never go any further here at UT, so he bolted. He beat pansy teams to reach the Sweet 16 and did so with some NBA talent. Look to Cal in 2-3 years......if you need help locating them, check the toilet.

This! Absolutely this!

:salute: :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::salute:

Reactions: 1 person

that's a little harsh, you sound bitter...

Reactions: 8 people
I mean, if this purge just has to happen, may as well be now. I REALLY hate to see Thompson go, I think I speak for everyone there, but we're going to have a lot of new faces this season and new players to get excited about.

I believe Martin was mainly a players coach ... while Tyndall is a players coach that expects results from his players. The players that Martin got the most results from was from Pearls recruits.

Reactions: 3 people
I believe Martin was mainly a players coach ... while Tyndall is a players coach that expects results from his players. The players that Martin got the most results from was from Pearls recruits.

It's clear that Tyndall and the existing players aren't connecting on some level, whatever it is. That's fine...I don't blame anyone or point any fingers, but it's a painful process for all involved. Just think of it as growing pains. After the new stars emerge later this year, we'll have forgotten all about these guys.

Reactions: 2 people
Dortch believes:

Chris Dortch ‏@cdortch 1h
@patrick552 @SportsAnimal99 @UTCoachTyndall won't be any more UTEP losses. Vols won't play down to opponents and will be harder to guard.

Reactions: 8 people
Dortch believes:

@patrick552 @SportsAnimal99 @UTCoachTyndall won't be any more UTEP losses. Vols won't play down to opponents and will be harder to guard.

Boy, "playing down to the competition" was the big buzz-phrase for the Martin era. We certainly did at times, but I'm kinda sick of that talking point

Dortch believes:

Boom

Dortch believes:

I hope not but Tyndall had some of those games too every year. He lost to a couple bad teams last year with close games against several more.

"Tougher Breed"? :eek:lol:

You people don't even believe what you write.

Jarnell Stokes became a beast. Josh Richardson became one of the best players in the country at the end of last year. Maymon, playing with no knees, couldn't beat out Steven Frickin' Pearl. McCray rode the bench.

We lost our starting point guard going into the year and never heard Cuonzo ***** about it once. He just went out did work.

We lost our best recruit in the middle of the season. Never heard Cuonzo ***** about that once. Just did work.

But he can't recruit and he didn't coach but somehow he let his talent--filled up with NBA talent--slide right on into the Sweet 16.

Yep.

Meanwhile, Bruce, who had Tobias and Scotty and McCrae and Maymon got his ass beat by 100 points by that Michigan team.

:salute::salute:

Reactions: 7 people

Jarnell Stokes became a beast. Josh Richardson became one of the best players in the country at the end of last year. Maymon, playing with no knees, couldn't beat out Steven Frickin' Pearl. McCray rode the bench.

We lost our starting point guard going into the year and never heard Cuonzo ***** about it once. He just went out did work.

We lost our best recruit in the middle of the season. Never heard Cuonzo ***** about that once. Just did work.

But he can't recruit and he didn't coach but somehow he let his talent--filled up with NBA talent--slide right on into the Sweet 16.

Yep.

Meanwhile, Bruce, who had Tobias and Scotty and McCrae and Maymon got his ass beat by 100 points by that Michigan team.

Wow. So much ignorance in this post. Poor guy.

Reactions: 7 people

Yep.

you and zo -clown are butthurt . :lol:

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back