AJ Davis officially asking for a release

I beginning to think these guys thought the training program was gonna be to hard as well as what is expected on the court. They were in key positions for playing time so it has to be something else.

Keep recruiting, Donnie. We will have a team come August. It may be a bunch of guys we have never heard of, but my guess is they will play hard.

Donnie said he had 4 returning players his first year at USM, and they won 27 games. Keep working.

Reactions: 6 people
They have Dr. Punch on and they had a "little update" on the basketball team stating this.

I beginning to think these guys thought the training program was gonna be to hard as well as what is expected on the court. They were in key positions for playing time so it has to be something else.

I agree 100%, the tougher breed brand was a joke.

Reactions: 5 people
We have to be pushing a record at this point for combined exits of returning and signed players.

Reactions: 1 person
Good luck AJ.

You could have flourished in CDT's pick and roll system, but best wishes all the same.

This is probably a blessing in disguise. If they cant handle Tyndall's coaching style, training, etc., then they probably don't belong here. We need guys that are here to play SEC basketball and act like it.

My biggest fear has been the meshing of two different teams with two different philosophies. Martin was a gentle/reserved yet stern father-figure and Tyndall is an energy guy through and through that may curse you to your face if your not playing well. Tempo is different and the overall environment is different.

Last season's team was truly a family. Disclaimer, I wanted CDT here if there was a coaching search and glad he is on board, BUT it was painful watching him with the team in that video and making the guys huddle and say "family" at the end.

The "Don-Father" hasn't established a family environment yet, but it seems he's whacking all the guy that aren't all in (no, I'm not saying he is running them off...or killing them). He is quickly building his own team and my hope the remaining players adopt the new team and philosophy.

Not trying to be rude. But who is AJ Davis? Sounds like Tyndall is cleaning house because the players don't feel they "fit the system". Glad it will free up scholarships for kids that want to play for Tyndall sooner than later. This is a good thing. No need to have the kids around for the next couple of years if they don't want to be here. GBO!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cats, we're gonna have a whole new team by the time the season rolls around. So who is left from last years team?.

Last edited:
@JimmyHyams: UT basketball players Darius Thompson and AJ Davis has asked for -- but not yet received --their release. Robert Hubbs has not asked for one

VN Store

Back