Darius Thompson to transfer...CONFIRMED

bleedingTNorange

@Ben_Fred: #Vols point guard Darius Thompson has requested a release from Tennessee, according to his father. Story coming to @GoVolsXtra

See ya' and I wouldn't want to be ya'! 2014-2015 is probably going to be a pretty rough season since the players who were left seem to be abandoning ship.

I wish I was more disappointed. He showed flashes (I guess most freshmen do).

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 person
Good luck DT. I truly hope it's not because Coach Tyndall is an in your face type of guy. If it is, well, that's pretty weak compared to what kids his age face every single day in basic training.

Reactions: 4 people
Best of luck. But peace bruh. Sign up up the kids that want to be here. I hope Hubbs and Richardson stay around but I want to get the rest of the notsoTougherBreed outta here if they don't want to toughen up and be apart of UT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I hate to hear it, but its better than mid season reports of him or other guys being distractions or cancers to the team. Best to start a season with a roster full of kids that want to be here. IMO

Reactions: 5 people
This is surprising to me. I think he would have had a much better chance to display his natural instincts / PG skills (which he has btw) in CDT's system than he ever had in CCM's scheme. Maybe, he was scared off by other recruits CDT is going after. Whatever the case, no hard feelings here, wish DT the best, but I think he's making a mistake, as far as being able to showcase his ability.

Reactions: 3 people
For some reason, I thought Tyndall recruited or at least had somewhat a relationship with Thompson because of MTSU. Like summer camps and stuff, because Thompson would have been 12 maybe? Don't know. I just figured Thompson would have been the LAST to ever leave. If he does transfer, then I agree with BTO. There has to be some major red flag with CDT personality or something else.

Reactions: 2 people
It is part of the game. We gained Punter because of a coach change in MO.

Different situation, though. Punter plays next year. Thompson has to sit out. Is it that bad that he wants to sit out a year?

And I know we will most likely get a PG in this class, but we have no PG's on the roster now except a walk-on. We need two PG's now, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
For some reason, I thought Tyndall recruited or at least had somewhat a relationship with Thompson because of MTSU. Like summer camps and stuff, because Thompson would have been 12 maybe? Don't know. I just figured Thompson would have been the LAST to ever leave. If he does transfer, then I agree with BTO. There has to be some major red flag with CDT personality or something else.

Thompson's high school coach at Blackmon is very good friends with Tyndall, and they apparently run a similar style. I am sure Thompson is aware of expectations. It is one thing for current recruits to look around, but it is another when a current team member wants out after two weeks. He hasn't even given Tyndall a chance. If you don't want to work through adversity and work hard, then it is best to move on.

It's weird, the only thing we ever heard of this was on those durn Vandy boards. How did they know??:question:

Reactions: 3 people
Poor baby doesn't like tough coaching and prefers a man that can't look him in the eye. Martin doesn't even look up for pregame speech.

If he does transfer, then I agree with BTO. There has to be some major red flag with CDT personality or something else.
Absolutely ridiculous. Based on this assumption would you say that the recruits that do want to play for him also have "red flagged personalities or something else"?

Not every player wants to play for a different coach than the one who recruited them (and then bolted on them). As much as people want to think players play for universities, they play for the coaches that universities hire.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back