USM recruits haven't asked for releases yet

jknox33

This is per Ben Frederickson.
"So far, all of the Southern Miss men's basketball signees are still on board. Team spokesman said today none have requested release from NLI"

Reactions: 2 people
Im sure they are not in a huge rush, since CDT are also looking for jem that are 1-2 year players.

They couldnt ask out until the coach was hired, and that happened yesterday. Give it some time.

This is per Ben Frederickson.
"So far, all of the Southern Miss men's basketball signees are still on board. Team spokesman said today none have requested release from NLI"

This is bad news for us. If they were going to ask for a release they would have obviously done it by now. I mean, remember how many of our commits asked for their release on the day Tyndall got hired.....:)

Reactions: 3 people
This is bad news for us. If they were going to ask for a release they would have obviously done it by now. I mean, remember how many of our commits asked for their release on the day Tyndall got hired.....:)

Joking?
Day he was hired? Zero

The difference is Tyndall didn't make the current commits feel wanted, but I have a feeling that USM's new coach will do whatever he can to keep them in the fold. Could this be more of a fight than we expect?

Joking?
Day he was hired? Zero

I need to form a better grasp on how to properly relay sarcasm on a message board, lol. I thought the large teeth smiley would work. But honestly, I have no idea what most of those mean. Freak needs to conduct a webinar that teaches proper sarcasm transmittance.

I need to form a better grasp on how to properly relay sarcasm on a message board, lol. I thought the large teeth smiley would work. But honestly, I have no idea what most of those mean. Freak needs to conduct a webinar that teaches proper sarcasm transmittance.
Gotcha. Figured it was sarcasm, but with so many weird posts these days it's hard to tell.

Suarez and Carmichael are scheduled to meet with Doc today, I would expect to hear that both gave been released later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Just say something subtle like "I'm being sarcastic guys...don't be angry and reject my mirth"....60% of the time it works every time :w00t:

Reactions: 1 person
The difference is Tyndall didn't make the current commits feel wanted, but I have a feeling that USM's new coach will do whatever he can to keep them in the fold. Could this be more of a fight than we expect?

I see you play "Jump to Conclusions" too.

Attachments

• fe6e47d4f96b82d947c56de2fe47efa508236ba1c07998cda00bbd6ae1b010aa.jpg
    fe6e47d4f96b82d947c56de2fe47efa508236ba1c07998cda00bbd6ae1b010aa.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 5 people
No Jayshawn Paige?

IMO Punter is a very similar player, guard who's a scorer.

I also don't wanna load up on a bunch of JUCOs, and with the need of Ellis he's another juco

I know 6 sounded like a lot of spots and no way we'd fill it, but it's gonna fill up quickly IMO

Last edited:
Suarez and Carmichael are scheduled to meet with Doc today, I would expect to hear that both gave been released later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Agree. The new coach is trying his best to keep all and especially these two from leaving the team. Who knows what the new coach has up his sleeve ? He better do it legally though.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO Punter is a very similar player, guard who's a scorer.

I also don't wanna load up on a bunch of JUCOs, and with the need of Ellis he's another juco

I know 6 sounded like a lot of spots and no way we'd fill it, but it's gonna fill up quickly IMO

I have no problems with Jucos this season because of the lack of bench talent.
Think we're going to see more attrition from existing players, possibly this summer..
Be plenty of room to add your 15s next season.

I have no problems with Jucos this season because of the lack of bench talent.
Think we're going to see more attrition from existing players, possibly this summer..
Be plenty of room to add your 15s next season.

Right now there's just Pops and Richardson who's scholarships will be open, and I'm not 100% that Pops scholarship won't get filled this year.

I don't like the idea of taking 5-6 JUCO and having to sign a monster class 2 years from now. Tyndall had the right idea when he said he was gonna space it out of they fill the roster. 2-3 JUCOs, 2-3 freshman and 2-3 graduate transfers, that's the way to do it IMO.

VN Store

Back