'14 VA PG Shelton Mitchell

bleedingTNorange

Received his release from the letter of intent he had signed with Wake Forest, according to 247 Tennessee is trying to get involved with him

Composite Ranking of #89 and a 4 star according to 247

Shelton Mitchell

Reactions: 2 people
Funny how many panicked, after CCM left and the commits decommitted. Almost every day, a new thread is started about a player, no-one even knew about prior. The situation isn't nearly as dire as many would have you believe. Their are still quality recruits to be had, we just need to get the ones we need.

Reactions: 1 person
Funny how many panicked, after CCM left and the commits decommitted. Almost every day, a new thread is started about a player, no-one even knew about prior. The situation isn't nearly as dire as many would have you believe. Their are still quality recruits to be had, we just need to get the ones we need.

As long as he signs some 5 * McDonald All Americans, I think we'll be OK.

I agree, there is still plenty of quality recruits to be had. The thing is though, we are at a huge disadvantage because we are late to the party. These said recruits have had lasting relationships with other coaches. Better late to the party than never though.

Until he actually signs some of the kids....it is still a major problem. Do to try to sugar coat it.

Reactions: 6 people
The panic was because of the timing Martin decided to kiffin us, however we are in good hands with Donnie Knoxville it will be next year be4 he can get a good class together if he pulls a class out of the leftovers I will be very surprised

Reactions: 3 people
Pretty sure didn't play in a lot of their games. But at least he was going against other D-1 players on the team.

Good player to get involved with.

Was Mitchel injured for part of year? He played a lot early in season. Played no minutes in several games mid-season, but played quite a bit in season ending tourney. Scored 13 against Findlay Prep.

Was Mitchel injured for part of year? He played a lot early in season. Played no minutes in several games mid-season, but played quite a bit in season ending tourney. Scored 13 against Findlay Prep.

I'm guessing you were looking at the stats that I was looking at. I didn't think about the possibility of an injury, i'll see if i can find something.

Oh wow, didn't expect to find something but it appears you were correct Ace. Good catch.

After a disappointing loss to Quality Education early on, Coach Steve Smith and Oak Hill move to 6-1 for the season. On Friday, November 8th, Oak Hill crushed Evelyn Mack of Charlotte, NC by the score of 122-56. The main story line for Coach Steve Smith was how the team would respond to the loss of senior PG Shelton Mitchell who is out indefinitely with a torn meniscus. So far, 5Â’11 junior PG Terrence Phillips has stepped in and done an excellent job of running the show for Oak Hill.

He was ready to play back in January. Read he was doing well. Should be good to go by the season wherever he ends up.

Yea, I was not thinking about him playing at the end of year. Hope he did not come back too soon. But you are right, he should be good to go.

MCL doesnt even require surgery. Meniscus is usually fixed orthoscopically and like volsbrock said, takes 4-6 weeks. ACL is usually 6-8 month recovery to be able to play full speed again. Currently rehabbing from an ACL and can't run for another 8 weeks. It's killing me.

MCL doesnt even require surgery. Meniscus is usually fixed orthoscopically and like volsbrock said, takes 4-6 weeks. ACL is usually 6-8 month recovery to be able to play full speed again. Currently rehabbing from an ACL and can't run for another 8 weeks. It's killing me.

Good luck with your recovery. Please do ALL your therapy. Didn't when in my younger days and messed my other knee up as soon as I was released because of my ignorance.

Clip said it was a torn miniscus. Not the same as MCL. Normally around 4-6 weeks to be back playing at 100%

Thanks. Need to work on my reading comprehension :p

I've heard of people needing surgery for torn MCLs, rarely, but I assume it's rare. Sorry to hear about your torn ACL. I've been lucky to avoid knee injuries. Surprised I never did more with all the ball/running I played for years;

I've heard of people needing surgery for torn MCLs, rarely, but I assume it's rare. Sorry to hear about your torn ACL. I've been lucky to avoid knee injuries. Surprised I never did more with all the ball/running I played for years;

When I tore my ACL the first time, I tore my MCL as well. Doc said he couldn't fix it with surgery. That's what I was basing my info on.

Good luck with your recovery. Please do ALL your therapy. Didn't when in my younger days and messed my other knee up as soon as I was released because of my ignorance.

Will do, my friend. Thanks for the well wishes.

VN Store

Back