Inside Tennessee: Vols nab 'another Butch'

Definitely seems like a great guy.

@UTCoachTyndall: USM fans @SouthernMissAD just made a GR8 HIRE in DOC SADLER! I've known him 4 20 yrs gr8 coach n the fans will love his personality #grinder

I don't remember cuonzo saying anything about coach Tyndall after the hire.

Reactions: 3 people
"Vols nab another unproven coach that the fans go nuts over because he makes them feel special"

I love CBJ and CDT, but can we pump the breaks before we go crowning these guys the messiahs of Tennessee sports?

Better track record than our last bball hire......

Better track record than our last bball hire......

Better track record for both coaches Butch and Donnie. Not only have they won at every stop they've been at they truly want to be at UT. That's all fans ask for is a coach to give their all and for them to bleed orange and respect the UT tradition.

Reactions: 4 people
Enthusiasm for the job and proving that they are putting in the time and effort to achieve greatness is all a fan can ask of a coach at this point.2016 will be the year of the Vols.Better get your tickets for the train now.When it gets rolling it won't be stopping.My ticket is punched.See you at Bristol.Go Vols and HTTR!!

"Vols nab another unproven coach that the fans go nuts over because he makes them feel special"

I love CBJ and CDT, but can we pump the breaks before we go crowning these guys the messiahs of Tennessee sports?

Come on guy. Your the first one I've seen call either one a messiah. What's wrong with having faith in them?

Enthusiasm for the job and proving that they are putting in the time and effort to achieve greatness is all a fan can ask of a coach at this point.2016 will be the year of the Vols.Better get your tickets for the train now.When it gets rolling it won't be stopping.My ticket is punched.See you at Bristol.Go Vols and HTTR!!

2016??? What we win a nc.. Make a bowl?? NCAA again? If its 2016 then we hired the wrong guys.

Killjoy, IMO.

2016??? What we win a nc.. Make a bowl?? NCAA again? If its 2016 then we hired the wrong guys.

2016 = wrong guys? Huh? That's 2 years away.

You expect a first year bball coach to make the Dance with a decimated roster?? I would be ecstatic with going dancing in 2016.

And Butch? Sure, expecting a bowl game in 2015, but pulling the National Championship by 2016, yeah...I think I can wait that long. That's only year 3 for him. [no, I don't expect a NC in 16]

Time = needed.

AV

2016 = wrong guys? Huh? That's 2 years away.

You expect a first year bball coach to make the Dance with a decimated roster?? I would be ecstatic with going dancing in 2016.

And Butch? Sure, expecting a bowl game in 2015, but pulling the National Championship by 2016, yeah...I think I can wait that long. That's only year 3 for him. [no, I don't expect a NC in 16]

Time = needed.

AV

We did for the last coach and held it over his head the entire time he was here...

Don't you think that Coach Martin had enough talent to be expected to make the dance?

Soooooo, if we don't support them, ala Zo, we are a bad fanbase. If we do support them we are a stupid fanbase.

Gotcha.

Yeah but consider the talent CCM started with verses what he left us.

It's pretty comparable if you're gonna look at it honestly. Swiperboy and Hall weren't what their rankings suggested, and that was proven by more than 1 coach.

Better track record for both coaches Butch and Donnie. Not only have they won at every stop they've been at they truly want to be at UT. That's all fans ask for is a coach to give their all and for them to bleed orange and respect the UT tradition.

Thats good and all but don't act like thats all you care about in our coaches. I mean in all honesty i wanna see wins, I am about sick of seeing mediocrity. I believe we will see that first in football over basketball.

It's pretty comparable if you're gonna look at it honestly. Swiperboy and Hall weren't what their rankings suggested, and that was proven by more than 1 coach.
Honestly? Which two of Coach T's inherited class will be All-SEC like Jeronne Maymon and Jordan McRae?

VN Store

Back