'14 FL PF Willie Carmichael (UT commit 5/13/14)

Does anybody have an update on their coaching search? The new coach will have to release the commits correct?

Does anybody have an update on their coaching search? The new coach will have to release the commits correct?

They don't have to but it happens a vast majority of the time. You don't want guys on your team that don't want to be there.

I've always like athletes named Willie... Two of my favorites, Willie Burton and Willie Gault. Hope we get this kid!

@_williec24: Had to make a tough decision that I felt was better for me and my family

Someone's being left out IMO. We won't take McGhee along with Carmichael, Cofer, Owens and Ellis. It's a rat race from here on out. If Owens gets on campus before the release is given and commits then Cofer and Carmichael are out. Carmichael's release will push people to start making decisions (both players and coaches). For example, do we think CDT will slow play Willie if he feels we have a better shot at Cofer or Owens? The only way we take more than one of these guys would be if CDT doesn't think Ellis qualifies.

Someone's being left out IMO. We won't take McGhee along with Carmichael, Cofer, Owens and Ellis. It's a rat race from here on out. If Owens gets on campus before the release is given and commits then Cofer and Carmichael are out. Carmichael's release will push people to start making decisions (both players and coaches). For example, do we think CDT will slow play Willie if he feels we have a better shot at Cofer or Owens? The only way we take more than one of these guys would be if CDT doesn't think Ellis qualifies.

Agree 100%

I said earlier 6 scholarships sounded like a lot, they're about to start going quickly IMO. Punter could commit in the next 48 hours and you're down to 4 spots. The way VQ has made it sounds if/when Suarez gets a release a spot is saved for him, so that leaves 3 spots. Tyndall has said he wants a grate transfer, and has also hinted at a possible grad transfer who would be a big fish, so now you're down to 2 maybe even 1 spot left.

I think Ellis has a spot as long as the staff feels he is gonna qualify, he's a difference maker next year.

Rasham Suarez and Willie Carmichael talking...

@ShamyChulo11: Everybody sleeping on my boy @_williec24 Just know where ever he go he gonna do damage on the court. Hopefully we play together wherever"

“@_williec24: @ShamyChulo11 wherever me and you end up we going to damage hopefully we be on the same team”

Retweeted by Rasham Suarez
Jeremy Pritchett ‏@j_pritchett20 42m
@_williec24 @ShamyChulo11 #vols

Not sure who Jeremy Pritchett that is but Suarez retweeted the #vols

Rasham Suarez ‏@ShamyChulo11 8m
Wherever I end up I want to go to the big dance. That's the goal

@Ben_Fred: Southern Miss signee Willie Carmichael (6-7 F) says he officially requested release from NLI. #Vols would be atop list if there's interest.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back