15 IN PG Nick Rogers

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
TheRecruitScoop: Tennessee offered 2015 EG10 Central Stars (IN) PG Nick Rogers, per his father.

Reactions: 1 person
Just saw where BTO posted this in the recruiting thread. Do you guys prefer to channel all discussion there or do you like having player threads? I'm fine with either.

I like having players threads, it allows for better discussion on the specific player. I go to the recruiting news just for tidbits on recruiting.

Reactions: 3 people
I really enjoy both. Sometimes one thread or the other is hijacked for several pages and its easier for me to jump around to different threads than read unrelated discussions at times.

Reactions: 2 people
I like having players threads, it allows for better discussion on the specific player. I go to the recruiting news just for tidbits on recruiting.

What he said, but thanks BTO! One of the best basketvol posters on the site with keeping up with recruiting and stuff. Even though he can be a little argumentive at times :) , he has my respect.

Reactions: 2 people
I personally like the individual player threads, and like others said just the recruiting news threads for little tidbits. You know if coaches are watching a new recruit, it's worth posting but not necessarily his own thread just to say coaches checked him out.

Jmo

:eek:lol: I read the title and thought it was about a 15 inch point guard :eek:lol:

Man it has been a long day :rofl:

tumblr_inline_mwmt4fMqGH1rno0d4.gif

Just saw where BTO posted this in the recruiting thread. Do you guys prefer to channel all discussion there or do you like having player threads? I'm fine with either.

I prefer individual threads, but some posters like to create 3-5 pointless threads a day, so it would be really cluttered.

I prefer individual threads, but some posters like to create 3-5 pointless threads a day, so it would be really cluttered.

I know it's somewhat OCD but it bothers me when the titles of player threads don't follow the same format. For example:

'14 TN F Braxton Blackwell

Class, state, position, name.

I know it's somewhat OCD but it bothers me when the titles of player threads don't follow the same format. For example:

I like "Blackwell Braxton F TN '14" that away we know his name, position, state, and height :) lol Jk man I like your format better.

Ha yes! Every poster should be required to take and pass a 4-course sequence on VN thread formating and etiquette.

Ha yes! Every poster should be required to take and pass a 4-course sequence on VN thread formating and etiquette.

Agreed. For example, here are a few basic rules that come to mind.

1. No making a thread with just a player name as the title.

2. No excessive use of periods, exclamation points, or question marks.
Ex. "Coach Tyndall said................."
Ex2. "Jabari Parker transferring?????"
Ex3. "I love Bruce!!!!!!"

3. If you're making a thread to post your take on an event that happened 5 days ago. You aren't contributing to a discussion, you're looking for likes and attention. Find the thread with the discussion and put your opinion in there. Ex. "My take on the Tyndall hire." You are not special. Add it to the thread with the news about his hiring and quit fishing for likes.

Reactions: 4 people

2. No excessive use of periods, exclamation points, or question marks.
Ex. "Coach Tyndall said................."
Ex2. "Jabari Parker transferring?????"
Ex3. "I love Bruce!!!!!!"

3. If you're making a thread to post your take on an event that happened 5 days ago. You aren't contributing to a discussion, you're looking for likes and attention. Find the thread with the discussion and put your opinion in there. Ex. "My take on the Tyndall hire." You are not special. Add it to the thread with the news about his hiring and quit fishing for likes.

4. No threads with only a link in the OP. Give us some kind of summary or synopsis in the first post along with the link.

I took this up on another board. Whenever someone posted a thread with a name as the title. I responded with another name unrelated to the name on the title. Someone wanted to know what I meant. I told them that I was just posting a name much like the creator of the thread. I thought this was a name dropping thread.

4. No threads with only a link in the OP. Give us some kind of summary or synopsis in the first post along with the link.

5. "Lose" and "loose" are two completely different words with separate meanings. Please learn them.

VN Store

Back