CDT wanted all recruits to stay

volholio

"I was hopeful that all four signees would end up coming to our school, but on the flip side, it usually doesn't happen that way, let's be honest," he said, adding "not anything that's happened to this point has caught me off guard."

FWIW:

Reactions: 1 person
"I was hopeful that all four signees would end up coming to our school, but on the flip side, it usually doesn't happen that way, let's be honest," he said, adding "not anything that's happened to this point has caught me off guard."

FWIW:

Could be true, could be coach speak. I doubt he'd have ran any of them off if they wanted to stay, he may not have tried terribly hard for a couple that wanted to go. Likely never know the answer. Nor does it really matter.

Reactions: 3 people
"I was hoping they wouldn't sign. They weren't a good fit and wanted to play for another coach in another style. Good luck to them, but if they don't want to be Vols, they can gtfo."

Sounds better.

Reactions: 6 people
This was a statement to the Vol fans and supporters to say "I am not interested in tearing things down". They were vol athletes that chose to play elsewhere when the changes came. He can't help that he is different but he did offer for them to stay. Basket Ball is going to be newsworthy again at Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm almost certain CDT didn't want all these recruits to stay. I am beginning to wonder if he wanted any of them. Looks like he has a plan that is better than what Martin left him next few weeks will answer that question.

CDT appears to be an honest man, and that is always the best policy. When we lie it only makes matters worse.

I wish someone would spill the beans. Turman's refusal to meet seemed harsh and angry. I'd like to know why he and his family felt that way.

He basically has to say he wanted the recruits to stay. Coach speak.

People will really believe whatever they want to believe.

They want to believe that Pearl was the greatest thing in the world when he went to the 16.

Cuonzo was moronic and lucked into it.

Fulmer sucked at 9-3; Jones kicks ass at 5-7.

Tyndall says he wanted the recruits to stay; No really the only one he liked was Cheivous, who the other coaches let go.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: 8 people
I'm almost certain CDT didn't want all these recruits to stay. I am beginning to wonder if he wanted any of them. Looks like he has a plan that is better than what Martin left him next few weeks will answer that question.

I figured the recruits would want to play for Donnie. The up tempo style would seem to fit most players. Plus now you can sell them on we are changing to Nike for nest season.

FWIW:

What else he going to say?

VN Store

Back