Potential target list.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I started this in another thread but figured it would be easier on its own. I'm going to try to put together a recruiting "big board" of sorts, with help from all of you guys of course. Here are the names I have so far. Anyone missing?

Here are a list of guys mentioned in that first article.

Jalen Steele
Ian Chiles (graduate transfer) SG
Tariq Owens
Elijah Minnie
Cameron Johnson
JaQuel Richmond
Ronnie Johnson (transfer) PG
Jackie Davis
Jordan Goodman committed to New Mexico
Willie Carmichael
Octavius Ellis (JUCO) C
Edson Avlla
Rasham Suarez (JUCO) PG
Arkeem Joseph -- committed to UT Martin
Kevin Punter
Justin Martin
Jon Horford (going to Florida)
Jabari McGhee (freshman) F
TJ Lang
Phil Cofer. (Tyndall meeting with him 4/29)
Danuel House (transfer) F
TaShawn Thomas (transfer) F

15 SG Andrew Martin -- will remove since this is a Martin offer per BTO.

Added a couple names from another thread.

(*BTO if you want to do this or start a fresh 14 recruiting thread, I'm fine with that. I just wanted to be sure we have an inclusive list compiled.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I doubt Jalen Steele is coming here.. He's committed to Kermit at MTSU. Can't see us stealing him.

I started this in another thread but figured it would be easier on its own. I'm going to try to put together a recruiting "big board" of sorts, with help from all of you guys of course. Here are the names I have so far. Anyone missing?

Jalen Steele
Ian Chiles
Tariq Owens
Elijah Minnie
Cameron Johnson
JaQuel Richmond
Jackie Davis
Jordan Goodman
Willie Carmichael
Octavius Ellis
Edson Avlla
Rasham Suarez
Kevin Punter
Justin Martin
John Horford
Jabari McGhee
TJ Lang

15 SG Andrew Martin

Freak,

Is it possible to list these players by position? Say PG, Wings (2 & 3), and Posts (4 & 5). Then we could rank them by position. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
Freak,

Is it possible to list these players by position? Say PG, Wings (2 & 3), and Posts (4 & 5). Then we could rank them by position. Thanks!

Yes, as we get a complete list, I'll add positions and some other info.

(*BTO if you want to do this or start a fresh 14 recruiting thread, I'm fine with that. I just wanted to be sure we have an inclusive list compiled.)

Yea I'll put together a new big board like the one that's stickied at the top of this page.

Already down to 13 prospects on that list. I figure that Avlla is a strong possibility just a guess since he is at Southern Miss. A strong possibility for the same reason is Suarez. Would like to add Ellis or Minnie then there is Cofer. I guess a little of the mystery will clear up everyday should know the final word on Cofer this week.

Seems like Ellis is our priority as far as JUCO bigs are concerned. Goodman has committed and we aren't touching Pollard. I believe we are going to bring in a JUCO big.

If you want my 2 cents I think Ellis is a Vol and has told Tyndall as much, they just don't want much out until they know exactly where he stands academically.

Already down to 13 prospects on that list. I figure that Avlla is a strong possibility just a guess since he is at Southern Miss. A strong possibility for the same reason is Suarez. Would like to add Ellis or Minnie then there is Cofer. I guess a little of the mystery will clear up everyday should know the final word on Cofer this week.

I don't think Avila is much of a possibility at all as he's already enrolled and taking classes. Iirc that would mean he would have to sit out a year before being eligible and he's not the type of guy you take knowing he's gotta sit out IMO.

I think Ellis, Johnson and Suarez are high up Tyndall's list and all 3 very likely to be Vols (assuming they qualify).

I think Ian Chiles is high up the list as well being a guy who could contribute next year.

I think he's also pushing for the 2 Houston transfers as well, and hoping he can get at least 1 of them available to play immediately if not both.

Phil Cofer. (Martin meeting with him 4/29)
Going to be fun if he is meeting with both Tyndall and Martin on the 29th. I saw were he and his dad were meeting Tyndall Tue.

Last edited:
Freak are you wanting just any available guys, or guys who UT is actively recruiting?

Up to you guys. Those we are actively recruiting for sure and I don't mind including some we think might be a possibility.

I don't think Avila is much of a possibility at all as he's already enrolled and taking classes. Iirc that would mean he would have to sit out a year before being eligible and he's not the type of guy you take knowing he's gotta sit out IMO.

That is fine with me not one of the guys I wanted. Ellis, Cofer, Suarez, and Martin would be the ideal four and hope we add another guy if he graduates this summer. Those five look really good to me. I know odds of Martin coming here are low. Probably Cofer as well.

That is fine with me not one of the guys I wanted. Ellis, Cofer, Suarez, and Martin would be the ideal four and hope we add another guy if he graduates this summer. Those five look really good to me. I know odds of Martin coming here are low. Probably Cofer as well.

Martin's been really quiet, haven't seen anything on him.

Like I posted in another thread, I think Ellis, Suarez, Ronnie and Chiles are 4 Tyndall really likes.

I think he's doing his homework on the Houston guys, obviously has an interest in McGhee and Owens as well.

Another possibility is maybe Pops transfer out and we have room for another guy, Tyndall already peer much said pops doesn't fit his system.

Jalen Steele
Ian Chiles (graduate transfer) SG
Tariq Owens
Elijah Minnie
Cameron Johnson
JaQuel Richmond
Ronnie Johnson (transfer) PG
Jackie Davis
Jordan Goodman committed to New Mexico
Willie Carmichael
Octavius Ellis (JUCO) C
Edson Avlla
Rasham Suarez (JUCO) PG
Kevin Punter
Justin Martin
Jon Horford (going to Florida)
Jabari McGhee (freshman) F
TJ Lang
Phil Cofer. (Tyndall meeting with him 4/29)
Danuel House (transfer) F
TaShawn Thomas (transfer) F

15 SG Andrew Martin -- will remove since this is a Martin offer per BTO.

Added a couple names from another thread.

Punter no longer committed to Missouri.

VN Store

Back