'14 F VA Jabari McGhee (UT commit 5/2/14)

I know this has been said about everyone we have looked at so far, but after watching his high school video, he really seems to fit DT's system well. His high school pressed and he would drive to the basket hard.

Reactions: 1 person
I know this has been said about everyone we have looked at so far, but after watching his high school video, he really seems to fit DT's system well. His high school pressed and he would drive to the basket hard.

I can't find any decent video that's not 3 years old

Yeah that was the one I was referring to, it's old but if he's use to playing in a system like that, that is a good thing.

McGhee stands at 6-feet 8-inches, but watching him play gives the illusion that he’s much longer. He works the glass for Hargrave with tenacity, plowing into the lane and rising above the opposition to pull down more than 14 rebounds a game this season. Scoring on him is, at times, impossible. McGee has arms that extend from his body like tree branches. His combination of hustle and length make shooting against him a task akin to cutting down redwood with steak knife, so it’s no surprise that he leads the Tigers in blocks. He’s also in the hunt to be the team’s leader in steals by season’s end and he’s taken more charges than any other Hargrave player this year.

This guy may give Armani a run for his money in impressive blocked shots.

Hargrave produces a lot of solid talent also. Sounds like he would be a good addition at power forward for next year since AJ Davis and Armani Moore are more of a 3. Reese is really the only current player that rebounds like a 4.

Reactions: 1 person
Hargrave produces a lot of solid talent also. Sounds like he would be a good addition at power forward for next year since AJ Davis and Armani Moore are more of a 3. Reese is really the only current player that rebounds like a 4.
Reese rebounds well for his size and he seems to know how to get in good position to get a rebound. Reese just needs to get his defense together. Did we really see Davis enough to judge his potential as a 3/4 or as a rebounder? Debatable.

I'm really excited to see how our players thrive under a new offense.

Well 2 birds with one stone. He has an offer from Bruce at Auburn and Georgia too. Get him and keep those 2 off of him. However saying he has Tyler Smith build at 6'8"? And OP says 6'7" but that link to 24/7 sports says he is 6'6"

Well 2 birds with one stone. He has an offer from Bruce at Auburn and Georgia too. Get him and keep those 2 off of him. However saying he has Tyler Smith build at 6'8"? And OP says 6'7" but that link to 24/7 sports says he is 6'6"

6'8" 210lbs according to Hargrave Military Academy

@Ben_Fred: Talked w/ Hargrave Military Academy coach a/b 2014 F Jabari McGhee. He's on official to UT today and tomorrow. Story coming to @GoVolsXtra.

@Ben_Fred: McGhee used the last of his official visits with the #Vols. Has also visited WKU, La-Lafayette, Fla Gulf Coast and UNC Wilmington."

“@Ben_Fred: McGhee is also getting interest from Ole Miss, Georgia Tech and South Carolina. Tyndall recruited him hard to Southern Miss.”

VN Store

Back