Jalen Steele?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Tyndall said on Friday’s Erik Ainge radio show that he is looking at “a couple of fifth-year transfer-type guys that could come in and plug a hole for a year.” One of these is believed to be 6-foot-3 shooting guard Jalen Steele, a former Knoxville Fulton High standout who projects to graduate from Mississippi State in June with one year of collegiate eligibility remaining after missing the 2013-14 season due to a torn ACL.

Randy Moore

Thoughts?

Jalen
Steele (6-3 guard; Knoxville; Mississippi State): Steele will finish his undergraduate degree from Mississippi State this summer and finish out his eligibility as a graduate student at MTSU in the 2014-15 season. At Mississippi State, he averaged 10.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.1 steals per game during the 2012-13 campaign. A torn ACL at the end of his junior year sidelined Steele and he missed the 2013-14 season, but the guard is back to full strength.

“Jalen Steele, obviously has had a lot success at a very high-level at Mississippi State. He won two state championships at Fulton High School,” Davis said. “We’ve been following Jalen since his sophomore year. He’s an excellent scorer, excellent shooter. Jalen is coming off a knee injury, but he looks great. I know he is so hungry to get back on the court. Jalen has to finish his degree at Mississippi State this summer, and we really look forward to getting him here to provide us with not only a really talented player, but a guy that I think will provide us with really strong leadership.”

http://www.dnj.com/article/20140416...ketball-signs-three-complete-recruiting-class

Oh well. So much for that. Did I read that article correct? MTSU has 9 signees this year???

Here are a list of guys mentioned in that first article.

Jalen Steele
Ian Chiles
Tariq Owens
Elijah Minnie
Cameron Johnson
JaQuel Richmond
Jackie Davis
Jordan Goodman
Willie Carmichael
Octavius Ellis
Edson Avlla
Rasham Suarez
Arkeem Joseph

Do we have a running list? If not I may put one together. Anyone notable missing? Ronnie Johnson and Kevin Punter?

Jalen Steele must be the one graduate transfer that Tyndall said wouldn't be resolved until the summer.

Awesome!

Take him if he wants to come here. We need all the help we can get

Much like Rhett, Steele as a grad transfer didn't have to sign a LOI, so he is free to go. With that said I'm not sure that Tyndall would steal a player from his guy Kermit Davis.

Tyndall and Kermit Davis are good friends. He won't be attempting to pull Steele away from MTSU. Move along here.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back