Southern Miss fans are saying bullstuff about Coach Tyndall

Dave1967

A USM fan over on the BigGoldNation board is saying the UT fans think Coach Tyndall is racist over saying he wouldn't sign thugs and they're saying our season ticket sales are down. Laughably he's saying Tennessee fans already have a petition ready asking UT to fire Coach Tyndall. They are very bitter down in Hattiesburg.:eek:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If anyone thinks the word "thug" is racist, then they are the ones implying that only a certain color of people can be "thugs". That would actually make them the racists. I've never understood this argument and never will. It's always coming from the type of people that are obsessed with the race for whatever reason. Like obsessed.

"Thug" is a behavioral (attitude) issue and that's is all it is. Are the people calling Tyndall a racist implying that all people of a certain color have behavioral issues? If so, that makes them the ignorant bastards.

Reactions: 43 people
Id rather them be bitter than be like we were with "Kwanzo"

It was like, "Merry Christmas, Cal, we got you a mediocre coach!!!"

joe-present-o.gif

Reactions: 8 people
A USM fan over on the BigGoldNation board is saying the UT fans think Coach Tyndall is racist over saying he wouldn't sign thugs and they're saying our season ticket sales are down. Laughable he's saying Tennessee fans already have a petition ready asking UT to fire Coach Tyndall. They are very bitter down in Hattiesburg.:eek:lol:

Since when does the word "thug" mean a black person? The world is full of "white" thugs. The Vikings were thugs. Have you ever seen a black Viking (outside of Minnesota)? When was there ever a Mafia street thug who was an African American? Was Marshall Henderson at Ole Miss a thug because of his boorish behavior?

I guess if you have an agenda and are looking to be offended you can come up with just about anything to complain about. Tell USM fans they just need to get over it.

Reactions: 6 people
Tell me something, PLEASE! Why do some of you insist on starting negative threads when we are approaching what may be one of the most positive times for UT basketball? In my opinion, there is no place for this in this forum. It takes up space and time for people wanting to read positive comments, which is 99% of us! The sour grapes people need to go elsewhere so we can promote Tennessee basketball to the "real" fans and not the naysayers! Are you just trying to draw attention to yourselves and negative publicity for our Vols?

Reactions: 12 people
Laughably he's saying Tennessee fans already have a petition ready asking UT to fire Coach Tyndall. They are very bitter down in Hattiesburg.:eek:lol:
Laughably? It looks like the boo birds are getting ready. See: www.firecoachtyndall.com

How on earth did the Athletic Dept. not reserve that website prior to announcing the hire? I guess Dave Hart was really scrambling after the Louisiana Tech coach turned him down.

Reactions: 1 person
Since when does the word "thug" mean a black person? The world is full of "white" thugs. The Vikings were thugs. Have you ever seen a black Viking (outside of Minnesota)? When was there ever a Mafia street thug who was an African American? Was Marshall Henderson at Ole Miss a thug because of his boorish behavior?

I guess if you have an agenda and are looking to be offended you can come up with just about anything to complain about. Tell USM fans they just need to get over it.

This is very true but in a game that is dominated by African American young males from the America's inner city it could come off wrong. He could have ment black person or he could ment what you said. It was just a poor choice of words and with recent comments by a certain Clippers owner has only compounded that.

Best believe other SEC coaches will use that against us in recruiting. I don't believe he meant black people at all though he has no background in being a racist so nothing leads me to think otherwise. He just has to watch how he words things.

Last edited:
There was a post for the discussion of these comments already, be it not about the USM fans statements but still about the word "Thug." It just amazes me how so many people can get their panties in a wad over this statement, there is nothing to see or to be read into it leave it alone and move on!

Laughably? It looks like the boo birds are getting ready. See: www.firecoachtyndall.com

How on earth did the Athletic Dept. not reserve that website prior to announcing the hire? I guess Dave Hart was really scrambling after the Louisiana Tech coach turned him down.

Courtesy of our friends at Vandymania.:compute: Ignore the trolls. Ignore them. :machgun::gun::bash:

This is very true but in a game that is dominated by African American young males from the America's inner city it could come off wrong. He could have ment black person or he could ment what you said. It was just a poor choice of words and with recent comments by a certain Clippers owner has only compounded that.

Best believe other SEC coaches will use that against us in recruiting. I don't believe he meant black people at all though he has no background in being a racist so nothing leads me to think otherwise. He just has to watch how he words things.

Of course he didn't mean black people specifically when he said it. As you noted, the game is dominated by blacks, so if it is true that thug means black, saying you won't recruit "thugs" would really limit your choices recruiting/wise. Would have to fill your roster with a bunch of Marshall Henderson-types. Oh wait!

Reactions: 4 people
Most of the SM boards have nothing but praise for Tyndall.
Evidently they have their BOPs too.

If anyone thinks the word "thug" is racist, then they are the ones implying that only a certain color of people can be "thugs". That would actually make them the racists. I've never understood this argument and never will. It's always coming from the type of people that are obsessed with the race for whatever reason. Like obsessed.

"Thug" is a behavioral (attitude) issue and that's is all it is. Are the people calling Tyndall a racist implying that all people of a certain color have behavioral issues? If so, that makes them the ignorant bastards.
Gotta love those clueless white people who try to dictate how other people should perceive racist terminology. Been to a Clippers game lately?

Of course he didn't mean black people specifically when he said it. As you noted, the game is dominated by blacks, so if it is true that thug means black, saying you won't recruit "thugs" would really limit your choices recruiting/wise. Would have to fill your roster with a bunch of Marshall Henderson-types. Oh wait!

I would take a dead eye shooter like Marshal Henderson. You don't see shooters like him too often.

This is 2014..... and racism is just a figment of one's imagination.
And that smell is not the aroma of coffee........
It's smoke from Donald Sterling's arse-nal

Reactions: 1 person
Bill Lambeer is probably one of the most notorious sports thugs of all time. Wait!!!! What color was he?

This was a bad example of a thug. He played dirty but wasn't a thug. Now if you would have said Pacman Jones or Aaron Hernandez that would have been a better example.

VN Store

Back