We have a gem! Another good article on Coach T!

These are the opinions that I want to hear not the ones on the Volnation like me who don't have a clue what they're talking about....,, it's very encouraging to hear the people that I respect saying those things about him.... I agree it's very similar to the Butch Jones situation...

Reactions: 1 person
I hope he can wind up being a diamond in the rough like Bruce Pearl or Don Devoe were.

These are the opinions that I want to hear not the ones on the Volnation like me who don't have a clue what they're talking about....,, it's very encouraging to hear the people that I respect saying those things about him.... I agree it's very similar to the Butch Jones situation...

You do realize these puff pieces have been written about every coach we've hired right?

Reactions: 3 people
If he ends up being similar to Butch, in connecting with fan base, respecting traditions, coaching, and recruits well. Hart may need a raise. Also, I would just hire people from Michigan from now on because they just get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You do realize these puff pieces have been written about every coach we've hired right?

Having lived with a journalist for almost 40 years I understand a little about it....just a little....There's a HUGE difference between what most journalist do these days (in fluxing their agenda, political slant, etc. into every piece of journalism they produce) and simply writing a story around direct quotes which is how this article is constructed, teased and brought together at the end....THAT'S WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO...Puff, however, is a new form of journalism I suppose....Puff??? Hmmmm....who knew???

Having lived with a journalist for almost 40 years I understand a little about it....just a little....There's a HUGE difference between what most journalist do these days (in fluxing their agenda, political slant, etc. into every piece of journalism they produce) and simply writing a story around direct quotes which is how this article is constructed, teased and brought together at the end....THAT'S WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO...Puff, however, is a new form of journalism I suppose....Puff??? Hmmmm....who knew???

So an article written solely on the opinion of his mentor is surprisingly positive? Shocked I am.

Oh and if you didn't know what a puff piece was until now, or that they existed, the person you live with is not good at their job.

Good vibes all around with coach Tyndall.I really think he can get the job done.Unfortunately patience is only a virtue to those that have it.To the majority of us that have no patience it becomes an agonizing curse of a wait.I understand why some fans have a gloom and doom outlook on next years sports possibilities.Things don't look so great right now.I'm an instant gratification kind of person myself.I want wins now and waiting for them makes me mad.Except for an improbable sweet 16 run this year ,we as fans have seen some bad results consistently for many years running. It could even be a tuff one in all three of the big sports again next season.I see a few more bumps in the road and heartbreak coming.I also see brighter days ahead and sooner rather than later.I feel the right people are in place now to get things over on the hill to where all of us fans or at least most of us are on the same positive page and more importantly happy and proud.Lots of glory to be had soon.Lots of wins and fun times.We must trust in the plan.If things go right 2016 will be a very exciting time in all Volunteer sports.I could see a CWS,a WCWS,a SEC football championship and two very nice deep NCAA runs in early 2017 by both coach Donnie and coach Holly.Thinking big things are on the horizon and I want on the bus.It is going to be so much fun.I just can't wait.I also know great things take time.Just two years in my not so professional opinion.Just two years till we are back at the top.We can make it two more years no problem.We have suffered for more than twice that already so I know we can do it.Go Vols and HTTR!!

You're miserable.. Go cut yourself somewhere else

No just realistic. Hell I hope we have found the next coach k. I will not however pretend like positive articles that are full of quotes from a fired sec coach , who happens to be our boys mentor, is a positive. It's just not.

I hope he can wind up being a diamond in the rough like Bruce Pearl or Don Devoe were.

Don Devoe a diamond in the rough? Don Devoe? The Don Devoe who had only one winning season in conference play his last 6 or 7 years? That Don Devoe? Definitely not a diamond, maybe a rhinestone.

If he ends up being similar to Butch, in connecting with fan base, respecting traditions, coaching, and recruits well. Hart may need a raise. Also, I would just hire people from Michigan from now on because they just get it.

look at the ncaa report. the nit's. the recruiting. his resemblance to chazz bono. his ability to retain a recruiting class. He gets it words matter more then wins. He's recruiting a guy who kidnapped a six year old girl. But he is a 5 star player. So I guess I should forgive that; It's all about second chances. Who among us didn't kidnap and abuse six year old girls when we were 17? He's 19 now , so it should be all right.

look at the ncaa report. the nit's. the recruiting. his resemblance to chazz bono. his ability to retain a recruiting class. He gets it words matter more then wins. He's recruiting a guy who kidnapped a six year old girl. But he is a 5 star player. So I guess I should forgive that; It's all about second chances. Who among us didn't kidnap and abuse six year old girls when we were 17? He's 19 now , so it should be all right.

I think this post may have more wrong information/meaningless drivel in it than any single paragraph in internet history.

Congratulations Sir, you've made history.

Pollard didn't in any way, shape, or form kidnap a 6 year old girl. He'd have been in jail if he had, like his mother, who is serving 25 years. Pollard gave his cousin a ride. That's all. If he doesn't commit another crime in the next year or so, he won't even even be tried on this conspiracy charge and that charge will be dropped.

Not, as it turns out, that Tyndall is recruiting him. Apparently only John Calipari from the SEC has been doing that.

The stuff referencing Tyndall's looks, NIT, the recruiting stuff, sheer idiocy. The NCAA report. Pales in comparison to the NCAA penalty resume of almost every coach who's won the National Championship in the last 25-30 years.

You did spin up a nice lie in the other thread about Martin's recruiting though. Kudos.

Tyndall's recruited an NCAA first round draft pick who starts in the NBA and averages about 14 points and 9 boards a game. Hopefully Zo will have after this year.

Reactions: 2 people
That I missed?

I posted the thread about Tyndall on Basilio, how do you think I got that info?
People like to listen for themselves and draw their own conclusions. Yeah, you posted the link but not the audio. Had to bail you out on another one of these where you commented but didn't attach the actual interview. Don't understand why you don't post the audio link also, unless you just want people to hear your viewpoint and not say what they think since they might disagree with you on something.

You know, since Ray Mears, we've hired some pretty decent coaches in hoops. Some, like Kevin O'Neil and Buzz Peterson, didn't produce immediately with wins, but laid the groundwork for those who came after them, with their recruiting. Wade Houston is the only unqualified failure we've had as a coach that can think of over that period.

VN Store

Back