2012 PG Ronnie Johnson PURDUE TRANSFER

bleedingTNorange

@GoodmanESPN: Purdue transfer Ronnie Johnson told ESPN he will visit Tennessee this week, and expects to choose from Vols, Xavier and Houston.

Played at Purdue his first 2 seasons and will he to sit out a year, would be a mega get.

Stats:

Freshman Year: 10.3ppg 4.1apg 3.4rpg 1.5:1 a:to

Sophomore Year: 10.8ppg 3.7apg 2.8rpg 1.7:1 a:to

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
would be a get if have something available but in my opinion we need to get players that can play this year and not sit out

If you liked Trae Golden, but wished he was 4-5 inches shorter and worse at shooting, you will love Ronnie Johnson.

Reactions: 9 people
^,^^ to be fair, RJ is quicker than Golden. And I didn't realize how bad Golden was at FG shooting until I looked it up. So they are roughly even, except for FT shooting, where RJ is worse.

Reactions: 1 person
^to be fair, RJ is quicker than Golden. And I didn't realize how bad Golden was at FG shooting until I looked it up. So they are roughly even, except for FT shooting, where RJ is worse.

He's much quicker, which was Golden's biggest issue, he couldn't guard his shadow.

Reactions: 7 people
If you liked Trae Golden, but wished he was 4-5 inches shorter and worse at shooting, you will love Ronnie Johnson.

Well, Trae couldn't go left and this kid is a lefty and can handle the ball with both hands so there's that. Has a little Mike Conley in his game with his handling and his change of direction.

Shocking that a pg couldn't figure out what to do in a Keady system. Martin had trouble at pg every year. When you take the ball out of the pg's hands and hold them back scheme wise when they do get it, most of them don't like it. DT got the starting job and had the best game of his career by far, but then got starting time with the 1's at practice, was overcoached, and never looked the same.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, Trae couldn't go left and this kid is a lefty and can handle the ball with both hands so there's that. Has a little Mike Conley in his game with his handling and his change of direction.

Shocking that a pg couldn't figure out what to do in a Keady system. Martin had trouble at pg every year. When you take the ball out of the pg's hands and hold them back scheme wise when they do get it, most of them don't like it. DT got the starting job and had the best game of his career by far, but then got starting time with the 1's at practice, was overcoached, and never looked the same.

This is a plausible guess, but wrong.

RJ can't go right at all.

He went to the same HS as Conley, but that's about it as far as similarities. Change of direction is: go left-stop-go left again

had the ball in his hands plenty at Purdue and is a ball stopper of the worst sort.

He is relatively athletic, but is probably about 5'8" so it does not take him far.

I'd feel bad for Darius if they brought this guy in.

^,^^ to be fair, RJ is quicker than Golden. And I didn't realize how bad Golden was at FG shooting until I looked it up. So they are roughly even, except for FT shooting, where RJ is worse.

He'd have a season off to work on Fts.

Does the OP say he will have to sit out a year? We still need immediate help at PG.

This is a plausible guess, but wrong.

RJ can't go right at all.

He went to the same HS as Conley, but that's about it as far as similarities. Change of direction is: go left-stop-go left again

had the ball in his hands plenty at Purdue and is a ball stopper of the worst sort.

He is relatively athletic, but is probably about 5'8" so it does not take him far.

I'd feel bad for Darius if they brought this guy in.

I just watched the highlights I saw on YouTube and formed an opinion. Not a guess. His ballhandling kills traes and he handles the ball similar to Conley and had a couple of little shovel passes in the lane to cutters that looked like what I've seen from Conley in the playoffs. Not saying he's as good at all. He just looks and moves similar to him.

And again, not shocked a pg in their system doesnt look good. We never saw good pg play under Martin and the system has a lot to do with it.

This system will send picks and let a pg make plays for his teammates or take the ball to the rim or paint for kickouts. Purdues didn't.
And I will also opine that he looks more like Conley than he does Trae and it's not close really. Let others give their opinion.

Freak, I've never asked for much, but can we please ip ban this obvious troll? A quick look at his post history is like a giant neon sign that says Troll Hard. He's done nothing but try to stir things up.

VN Store

Back