Sports Source us a joke

Gramps

It is oblivious John Pennington is upset Cuonzo is gone and not happy with the Tyndall hire.
This morning he had a segiment comparing Pearl, Martin and Tyndall on different parts of the game. which make Tyndall not look like a good hire.The problem was he was showing only the last 3 years of Pearl and Martin while showing all 8 years of Tyndall. The bias if this show is astonishing . He should have shown either the last 3 or 8 years
of all three coaches, of course Cionzo has only coached 6 years. I have not researched in depth but I would think if he actually gave a fair comparison Martin would not look as good and Tyndall would look better. It is difficult to give any type of fair comparison using 6 years at Morehead State plus 2 years at Southern Mississippi vs 3 years at TN.

Just looking at a w-l record for the last 3 years Tyndall is 74-31(70 5%), Martin 63 - 41 (60.6%) and Pearl 68 - 37 (64.8%).

Reactions: 3 people
Why would you watch that show? It is simply horrible.

That is a good question I did not feel like going to church this morning and saw it was on so I watched It is a horrible show I will not make that mistake again ,.

Reactions: 1 person
That is a good question I did not feel like going to church this morning and saw it was on so I watched It is a horrible show I will not make that mistake again ,.

I understand. It's like trying to look away from something that is so unbelievable. I've done that same thing on a Sunday morning.

Pennington is a fool and his cohorts are too. The production set and props look like something my kids could do.

Gonna burn in hell for that decision. Imo. Tifwiw. Siap.

Reactions: 8 people
So putting up stats is bashing the coach? He compared Pearl's first three, his last three, Martin's three to Tyndall's career. Tyndall was way better in some categories, and way worse in some. Those are just facts. If he was better than Martin and Pearl in every single category he would be coaching UNC or something.

Reactions: 7 people
So putting up stats is bashing the coach? He compared Pearl's first three, his last three, Martin's three to Tyndall's career. Tyndall was way better in some categories, and way worse in some. Those are just facts. If he was better than Martin and Pearl in every single category he would be coaching UNC or something.

No putting up stats is not bashing a coach but it should be done using the same amount of time.
He put up stats for Pearls and Martin's last 3 years. He did not show Pearls first 3 years. Why did he just not show only Tyndall's last 3 years? He could have used all three's record for the entire time they have served as head coach. Why did he not include Zo's first 3 years? It was not a fair comparision in any way, was very biased .

No putting up stats is not bashing a coach but it should be done using the same amount of time.
He put up stats for Pearls and Martin's last 3 years. He did not show Pearls first 3 years. Why did he just not show only Tyndall's last 3 years? He could have used all three's record for the entire time they have served as head coach. Why did he not include Zo's first 3 years? It was not a fair comparision in any way, was very biased .

He forms his opinion then finds stats and constructs a formula to validate it.

My formula is John Pennington + TV/radio = big ziti changing the channel

What diff. would it had made to use the three extra years for Pearl? Would have just made Tyndall look that much worse imo.

He showed Pearl's first three year in the first line. The second was Pearl's second three. The third CCM's, and the fourth CDT's.

Yes they could have shown all years for all coaches. I think the point was comparing CDT's style to what the last two coaches did here.

He also made a point I have been making.

All of the fans seem to think this is some uptempo high scoring o. It's pace is pretty much just like Martin's. Even Pearl's slowest teams played faster than CDT/CCM.

Reactions: 2 people
What diff. would it had made to use the three extra years for Pearl? Would have just made Tyndall look that much worse imo.

The point is he should have used the same amount of time for all three coaches.
He compared Pearls last 3 years and Tyndall's entire 8 years to Zo's last 3 years for no other reason than to make Zo look better and make Tyndall look like a bad hire and Pearl not as good.. He had an agenda, it was very obvious.

Reactions: 2 people
He showed Pearl's first three year in the first line. The second was Pearl's second three. The third CCM's, and the fourth CDT's.

Yes they could have shown all years for all coaches. I think the point was comparing CDT's style to what the last two coaches did here.

He also made a point I have been making.

All of the fans seem to think this is some uptempo high scoring o. It's pace is pretty much just like Martin's. Even Pearl's slowest teams played faster than CDT/CCM.

If he showed Pearl's first 3 years I missed it.

Why did he only show Zo 's last 3 years?

I think you are wrong about Pearls first 3 years. If he was showing Pearl's first 3 and last 3 why did he not combine them like he did Tyndall's. it was not fair in any way.

Last edited:
If he showed Pearl's first 3 years I missed it.

Why did he only show Zo 's last 3 years?

I think you are wrong about Pearls first 3 years. If he was showing Pearl's first 3 and last 3 why did he not combine them like he did Tyndall's. That would still b e an unfair way to comparem it was not fair in any way.

He was doing the split comparison to show the contrast in styles. Everyone knows post Lofton Pearl played at a slower pace with less press. I think he showed Martin's from here to have a comparison of the play many were against vs Pearl's years and Tyndall's philosophy.

I think that's fair. It showed what each coach did here where it counts. Versus what Tyndall likes to do. I don't think it was to make CDT look bad. The fact just is his teas do worse in some areas. They also do way better in some like creating turnovers.

Imo they were just trying to show what CDT has historically liked to do so people will actually know. They hear the fans thinking its some fast paced uptempo o. They are just letting you know the numbers and the statements from his former AD show the opposite.

He was doing the split comparison to show the contrast in styles. Everyone knows post Lofton Pearl played at a slower pace with less press. I think he showed Martin's from here to have a comparison of the play many were against vs Pearl's years and Tyndall's philosophy.

I think that's fair. It showed what each coach did here where it counts. Versus what Tyndall likes to do. I don't think it was to make CDT look bad. The fact just is his teas do worse in some areas. They also do way better in some like creating turnovers.

Imo they were just trying to show what CDT has historically liked to do so people will actually know. They hear the fans thinking its some fast paced uptempo o. They are just letting you know the numbers and the statements from his former AD show the opposite.

Why did he not invlude Martin's 6 years as coach?

Why did he not break Tyndall's down to the last 3 ?

There is no way to compare kind of stats between 6 years at Morehead State vs 3 years at Tennessee. There are way to much difference in the talent level of players and opponents. The only true comparison imo would be the coaches won loss records.

It is oblivious John Pennington is upset Cuonzo is gone and not happy with the Tyndall hire.
This morning he had a segiment comparing Pearl, Martin and Tyndall on different parts of the game. which make Tyndall not look like a good hire.The problem was he was showing only the last 3 years of Pearl and Martin while showing all 8 years of Tyndall. The bias if this show is astonishing . He should have shown either the last 3 or 8 years
of all three coaches, of course Cionzo has only coached 6 years. I have not researched in depth but I would think if he actually gave a fair comparison Martin would not look as good and Tyndall would look better. It is difficult to give any type of fair comparison using 6 years at Morehead State plus 2 years at Southern Mississippi vs 3 years at TN.

Just looking at a w-l record for the last 3 years Tyndall is 74-31(70 5%), Martin 63 - 41 (60.6%) and Pearl 68 - 37 (64.8%).

He is a total hack.

Dry erase boards on a tv show..... same blue blazer every time I flip through channels.... his cronies could at least wear golf shirts of different colors....

One episode I watched that followed Kiffen's departure actually compared UT fans hatred of Kiffen to the hatred directed to Adolf Hilter (and company) upon the discovery of the holocaust. Maybe its just me but I found it repugnant and totally asinine. I simply refuse to watch that show.

That show is the biggest waste of one's life. I just laugh whenever I watch it because thats really the only thing I know to do. Terrible, just terrible.

It is oblivious that you did not use spell-check when writing about the segiment on Cionzo. Wait, us this a joke???

VN Store

Back