Coach Tyndall on Tony Basilio show...

bleedingTNorange

He definitely has me very intrigued...

Just said they plan to fill all 13 spots, and with what he sees and has gotten feedback on sees no problem filling those spots.

Said they'll likely be taking at least 2, and very possibly 3 graduate transfers this year. Said that 1 of those guys in particular we will have to wait awhile to know about, said things will have to play out and it will be well into summer before he's known about.

Said they're also looking at some high level transfers who would have to sit out a year most likely, but could make a very big impact in year 2.

Also said he thinks there's 1 or 2 high school kids that are talented enough to be worthy of a scholarship.

It just really caught me by surprise how confident he seemed about 2-3 graduate transfers, and that they would be able to fill the roster with very quality guys. Even said at one point that he thinks fans are gonna be very excited by 1 or 2 of the players they bring in.

GBO!

Reactions: 16 people

Just said they plan to fill all 13 spots, and with what he sees and has gotten feedback on sees no problem filling those spots.

Said they'll likely be taking at least 2, and very possibly 3 graduate transfers this year. Said that 1 of those guys in particular we will have to wait awhile to know about, said things will have to play out and it will be well into summer before he's known about.

Said they're also looking at some high level transfers who would have to sit out a year most likely, but could make a very big impact in year 2.

Also said he thinks there's 1 or 2 high school kids that are talented enough to be worthy of a scholarship.

It just really caught me by surprise how confident he seemed about 2-3 graduate transfers, and that they would be able to fill the roster with very quality guys. Even said at one point that he thinks fans are gonna be very excited by 1 or 2 of the players they bring in.

GBO!

You have any thoughts on who he could be talking about?

You have any thoughts on who he could be talking about?

I assume Ian Chiles is definitely 1, other than that I don't know of any high level graduate transfers. Justin Martin from Xavier would be a nice pickup, but supposedly there's been no contact there.

There very well could be some guys that are gonna take an extra class or something this summer to graduate, however if he's already in contact with them that's an issue.

I assume Ian Chiles is definitely 1, other than that I don't know of any high level graduate transfers. Justin Martin from Xavier would be a nice pickup, but supposedly there's been no contact there.

There very well could be some guys that are gonna take an extra class or something this summer to graduate, however if he's already in contact with them that's an issue.

maybe he has players calling him with interest

Get 2-3 graduate transfers and you can make some noise in the 2014-215 season and then have 2-3 open scholarships to fill with 2-3 2015 signees.

This may put to rest the questions about character issues concerning JUCOs if we are bringing in 2 HS guys and 3 or so graduates and transfers who would sit. Wonder if he will do any JUCOs? Wonder of he is talking about anyone from his USM class? Guess we'll find out in time.

That's what I like to hear Donnie!
hSE39l8.gif

Reactions: 6 people

GBO!

Sounds great. Will be better when/if it happens. Of course I'll be accused of negativity, but what do you expect a coach to say? Pretty words are still only words. Results are what will impress me.

And before all the ruckus starts, let me be clear, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve time to get things turned around. We are currently a few sparks from a dumpster fire and it's gonna take a lot for him to keep that from erupting with our volatile fan base, but I believe in what I see, not what I hear.

Reactions: 1 person
This may put to rest the questions about character issues concerning JUCOs if we are bringing in 2 HS guys and 3 or so graduates and transfers who would sit. Wonder if he will do any JUCOs? Wonder of he is talking about anyone from his USM class? Guess we'll find out in time.

Even with 2 HS guys, which he said 1-2, and 2-3 grad transfers, that still leaves 1-3 spots for JUCOs.

Sounds great. Will be better when/if it happens. Of course I'll be accused of negativity, but what do you expect a coach to say? Pretty words are still only words. Results are what will impress me.

And before all the ruckus starts, let me be clear, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve time to get things turned around. We are currently a few sparks from a dumpster fire and it's gonna take a lot for him to keep that from erupting with our volatile fan base, but I believe in what I see, not what I hear.

I actually expected him to say things like he initially did...that they may not fill every spot, and that they wouldn't want to reach on any guys he would later regret taking. That this is a rebuild and is going to take a little bit of time, so please stay patient.

Instead he said they're gonna fill all the scholarship spots, that he was initially concerned about reaching, but that he thinks they're gonna have no issue finding recruits worthy of those scholarships. Went on to say that when he walked into Southern Miss they had 4 returning players, he filled the roster and they went on to win a school record 27 games that year.

He's going to bring possibly 2 Juco's and maybe a couple of USM players. He said they've all called wanting to come here on Nashville radio. Can't believe he put that out there.

So this Chiles must be a slasher? I looked him up and his 3 point shooting isn't very impressive but his scoring is. I'm not wanting to slight the kid but since you study players more than a printed stat I will read. What are his strengths?

GBO!

BTO is about to come live in Tyndall Town!! Come on guy's, it's fun living here! Haha. I'm just hoping for Tennessee to make it to the NIT and make a run in it this year.

He's going to bring possibly 2 Juco's and maybe a couple of USM players. He said they've all called wanting to come here on Nashville radio. Can't believe he put that out there.

I think we see early that CT doesn't seem to give a flip and will be speaking his mind quite often. He also knows some positive info out there for fans is needed. Lets see if it was a bandaid comment or see if he follows up with what he said.

So this Chiles must be a slasher? I looked him up and his 3 point shooting isn't very impressive but his scoring is. I'm not wanting to slight the kid but since you study players more than a printed stat I will read. What are his strengths?

I'm not his biggest fan, he's similar to Golden. He's an undersized 2, but for depth purposes we could do much worse than chiles for 1 year.

I was thinking he said 1-2 HS guys, 2-3 grad transfers and maybe 1-2 transfers that could sit out a year. I'd be all for what you suggested.

Even that way, taking the minimum would leave 2 open spots.

I'm guessing he's gonna try and spread it around and take the best guys he can get.

GBO!

CDT is unabashedly confident when he speaks. I just hope he can cash all these checks he's writing. Being so over the top with promises is a little scary to me. I will give him leeway for now and hope he's not in panic mode. This fan base will remember every single word he says surely he knows that. Still I would rather have a go getter that falls short on a promise here and there then to a defeatist like a former football coach we had.

Couple things to remember here, folks:
1. He's not gonna get on the radio and say "we're bringing in a bunch of mediocre guys so we have enough warm bodies on the roster". Of course he thinks his guys are good.
2. Tyndall is confident all the time. I've been saying this since he was hired. Ya'll just aren't used to it because Cuonzo was the polar opposite of that and Jones literally says nothing that isn't drenched or hedged with coach speak (though that is smart of him). Serrano is like this, too. I personally like it. He reminds me of Chip Kelly in that way.
3. I don't think he'll be as open in the future as he is now (re: "they've all called wanting to come here"). I'd venture to guess most coaches are not prepared for the level and intensity of media coverage and fan passion for Tennessee athletics. We really do have the best fans in college athletics, but coaches here are under the microscope in a real way. He probably isn't used to everything he says being dissected on message boards and in media, but he'll learn.

CDT is unabashedly confident when he speaks. I just hope he can cash all these checks he's writing. Being so over the top with promises is a little scary to me. I will give him leeway for now and hope he's not in panic mode. This fan base will remember every single word he says surely he knows that. Still I would rather have a go getter that falls short on a promise here and there then to a defeatist like a former football coach we had.

Kiffin made some promises also. He delivered and got us a good recruiting class in short notice.

We almost beat the #1 team in the nation in Alabama that season and the game was in Tusculoosa too.

He also delivered and brought the coaching staff that he promised.

Too bad the recruiting class was just put together with band-aids and didn't last...

VN Store

Back