'14 Maryland PF/SF Tariq Owens (UT commit/signee 5/21/14)

VolArmy74

He signed with Ohio and has asked out of his LOI. Either way he said he wasn't attending, even if he has to sit out a year. He's 6'9 but very skinny, listed at 185 on Scout.

Scout.com: Tariq Owens Profile

4* 99th ranked player on Scout.

131st on 247 composite rankings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFG_QiWctXU

Interested in Vols per Evan Daniels.

Evan Daniels
‏@EvanDaniels
Tariq Owens List: Tennesee, Seton Hall, Dayton, Rhode Island, Washington, UT Martin, UNLV, Kansas State & Temple

If hes a top 100 player on scout why is he not being recruited by any big time schools? Just curious.

Correct, he was released from his LOI yesterday as I posted in the recruiting news thread. Jared Terrell was also released yesterday, but not sure Tennessee gets into play there.

As for his weight, he's now listed at 205lbs.

If hes a top 100 player on scout why is he not being recruited by any big time schools? Just curious.

He was originally offered by Miami, Temple, Seton Hall, Ohio and VCU among others, but chose Ohio during the summer after his junior year. He was also recruited by Georgetown, NC State, Maryland and Villanova.

He was apparently a very good shot blocker and quite a dunker. Listed as similar to Cofer on his Future 150 page.

Tariq Owens, PF - Laurel, MD (2014) | Future150

2014 PF Tariq Owens is Down to Four Schools

I'm sure he probably does, but i'd beat the Kenneth Faried horse to death while recruiting.. I would just randomly throw it out there... "oh yeah I can definitely tell you've been-- did I mention I recruited and am responsible for Kenneth Faried a.k.a the manimal?-- working on your game"

Reactions: 1 person
Taking a guy from nowhere to the 1st round opens doors apparently.

Honestly, that is huge. Pearl waited a long time to get someone drafted. I know CJ took the long route, but Tobias was his guy. Getting someone in the league gives significant cred even if the coach has little to do with it (most one-and -done guys). Faried had the potential, but it was developed.

Tariq is very long, and a quick leaper. My contact says he could be a good one after he frequents a college weight room. As mentioned earlier, he is very lanky and will get banged around the paint unless packs on some muscle.

Tariq is very long, and a quick leaper. My contact says he could be a good one after he frequents a college weight room. As mentioned earlier, he is very lanky and will get banged around the paint unless packs on some muscle.

Your "contact"? LOLs.

Your "contact"? LOLs.

Not too savvy in geography, huh? Many of my friends grew up and played in the Baltimore area and watch plenty of local talent. I love it when empty vessels like yourself fling manure from the sidelines when they're incapable of contributing something related to the topic at hand.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back